Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Godaddy hosting. is the problem just with windows accounts and not Linux ones with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TruthElixirX
    replied
    www.g-hosting.net is great. You can contact them over AOL Instant Messenger. Its real small so they take great care of each individual customer (Don't think they're going under, don't misunderstand. They've been in business 10+ years). They have customizable plans. You choose what you need and don't need. Al lservers all Linux though. Its super fast though. They make free back-ups every day.

Leave a comment:

• eva01
    replied
    Originally posted by KanyeWest
    www.cpuhost.com get the cgi plan its my hosting service always make back ups lol get only linux not windows
    that is your company i thought you couldn't solicit your own company and you know you resell from godaddy

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    I'd go for places like steadfast networks, ev1servers, servermatrix, or theplanet.

Leave a comment:

• addcoach
    replied
    they're a godaddy reseller

hi Kayne,

i've checked out their page and they're a godaddy reseller, don't want to try them, so can you suggest any others?

thanks

Pete

Leave a comment:

• KanyeWest
    replied
    www.cpuhost.com get the cgi plan its my hosting service always make back ups lol get only linux not windows

Leave a comment:

• addcoach
    replied
    sigh of regret, so which host would you suggest?

Hi Steve,

sigh... sometimes when you ask a ? you don't want to hear the answer but I needed to hear that. often they are really clueless on the phone depending on who you get.

So which host would you recommend for someone who's new to running webforum software? I want to create a webforum for Canadians with adhd, to promote awareness and develop connections with others with ADD and local resources. it will start small but hopefully grow

I want a host that I can phone a live human 24/7, that can work with macs, that has good support and won't cost me and arm and a leg. I live in Canada.

Also How come I have to use internet explorer on mac os x to write in these forums? Camino doesn't work, i can just write the title but no text. Are you just a microsoft only shop?

thanks

Pete

Leave a comment:

• _| () R | Z
    replied
    steve means this: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...gle+zoeken&lr=

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    With all those PHP functions disabled, you will not be able to use all vB functions (like email) and may not be able to even install it. I hate to be blunt, but find a real host. GoDaddy ain't it.

Leave a comment:

• Godaddy hosting. is the problem just with windows accounts and not Linux ones with?

I've been reading the messages about godaddy.com and am wondering if the problem is just with non cgi and php basic accounts and windows accounts without php? (possibly being hopeless optomistic here).

if I have a linux account that's the deluxe version with PHP/Perl/Java, CGI support and MySQL enabled should it work with godaddy? i have a lot of domains there, don't really want to switch.

I talked to the rep and he sent me this list of godaddy's PHP Disabled Functions that they wouldn't change unless you paid extra for a dedicated server.

Do I need any of the following functions for using vbulletin?

PHP Disabled Functions (Linux): All Posix functions disabled. Also, the following functions are disabled: fpassthru, file, mail, exec, system, passthru, popen, crack_check, crack_closedict,
    crack_getlastmessage, crack_opendict, fsockopen, psockopen, opendir, readdir, closedir, phpinfo

thanks

Pete
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X