Thinking of buying...some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of buying...some questions

1) Is vbulletin any more secure than phpBB ? The latter seems to be a continual target for hackers.
    2) Where can I see the default style for vbulletin ? I really don't want to be doing any mods but I do need a clean and simple interface since some of my users will not be very computer-literate.
    3) Was the registration sequence for these forums typical ? I definitely need the ability for all registration requests to be approved by an admin.

Thanks for any help.

1. Security is a top proitoriy for us, when we find a security issue, we get a patch out as soon as we possibly can.
    2. This is the default style.
    3. Yes, there is a option for user moderation which will allow you to approve / disapprove users.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Can I protect my forums so only activated users can see them ?

Comment

You mean only users who have registered, and logged in?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Yes, you can.

And vB is much more secure than phpBB, as security patches are released at a very quick rate.
            Forums

Comment

Thanks. Does that question about date-of-birth have to happen on registration ?

Comment

It's there as COPPA protection.
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Can't you just ask if they're over 13 (or whatever it is) ? Most of my users will be old enough to be sensitive about their dob. Can I turn that off ?

Comment

In the past, it use to do that. However users under 13 were getting around it by simply going back and selecting the adult option.
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Ok, if I can't remove it then I'll have to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ricster
                        Can't you just ask if they're over 13 (or whatever it is) ? Most of my users will be old enough to be sensitive about their dob. Can I turn that off ?
                        You can turn COPPA off completely if that's what you were referring to "turning it off."

Comment

Yes - that's it! So if I turn COPPA off the date-of-birth question goes away ?

Comment

That's the way it works for me.

Comment

Thanks. Next question - can I replace that big Vbulletin logo top left ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X