A few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions

I'm in need of a forum system that users can use as an email list. That is, where the forum mirrors the mailing list and where the mailing list mirrors forum posts. Does vBulletin do this out of the box? If not, are there any open source or 3rd party add-ons to do this?

Can the post preview feature (if that's what it's called - I'm talking about the JavaScript mouse rollover feature on the forum page that shows the beginning of a post) be disabled?

I noticed that in my activation and welcome emails that the messages were not wrapped. Is this an option that can be enabled or is all email formatted like this?

Nevermind.

I did a couple of searches and it looks like Jelsoft is dead set against this ever becoming a feature. If it were currently an add-in and it appeared as though it might make it into the standard feature set in the future, then we might be purchasing a few copies of vBulletin.

As it is, I'll look elsewhere.

Comment

1) What exactly are you wanting to do here? If you need modifications you can always look over at www.vbulletin.org

2) Post preview can be disabled yes.

3) My e-mails have always been wrapped? Are you sure your email client is set-up correctly?

Comment

2) Post preview can be disabled yes.
        Great. Thanks.

3) My e-mails have always been wrapped? Are you sure your email client is set-up correctly?
        Quite sure. See below. So far the three messages I've received were not wrapped.

Code:
        Eli,

Thanks for registering at vBulletin Community Forum! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Thanks again,
        vBulletin Community Forum team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X