Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Not quite sure what you are asking, but have you tried changing the Display Mode (at the top of the thread) to 'Threaded'?

Leave a comment:

• rboutin
    replied
    further clarification

thanks eva01, let me provide further clarification...the Apple forum allows users to respond to a post in the middle of a thread and the response appears as a child to that post also in the middle of the thread. When you post to a thread you can then request any specific responses to your thread also be copied to you as an email.

For instance...let's say a thread was built in the order below:

In this example someone had a response that specifically addressed a point raised in post #2. By "replying" to point #2 the response (#5) is inserted into the thread after #2 vs after #4. An email containing the text of #5 could be emailed to the poster of #2. On a busy thread this could be more appealing to receiving all posts via email.

Thanks, randy

Leave a comment:

• eva01
    replied
    if you mean get responses to their threads in an email then yes vbulletin has this feature, you can subscribe to any threads and get emails immediately following posts, at the end of the week with every post from that week, or at the end of the month with all of the posts from the month

Leave a comment:

• rboutin
    started a topic Question on email response notification

Question on email response notification

I was just on Apple's support forum site and observed a handy feature that I wonder if vBulletin has or has considered. The feature allowed for someone to respond to a posting within a thread. The response was shown as a nested post beneath the original post wherever it resided in the thread. It also allowed the original poster the option to receive such specific responses to their post additionally copied to a personal email account.

This feature is of particular interest to me as I'd like to use vbulletin in a tech support environment and it would enable busy field techs to receive any direct responses to their post without having to fully log back into the forum.

thanks for the time, randy
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X