Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I bought a license and made a negative comment on the forum would you ban me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreggH
    Well, at least it makes me feel good to know that customers who have been treated badly have an easy and very valuable tool for persuading a company to do the right thing (online message boards). Before I received the refund, the last communication I had with IPS was about 3 weeks ago, March 11th. The last time I specifically insisted on a refund was March 7th. I am pretty sure that had it not been for the posts I made sharing this experience with others here and other communities like WebHostingTalk.com and Invisionize.com IPS would not have refunded my money. Actually, the refund was sent to me just hours after the last post on WebHostingTalk.com was made. I know that IPS was keenly aware of that very long thread, since many people said that they contacted IPS referencing it, and asking why they treated me like that. You would think that a company that has bulletin board software as their main product, would understand from the outset, that when you treat a customer badly, they have the ability to tell thousands of people about that experience. I want to thank everybody for their support and comments. You are very much part of the reason why I finally got my refund.
    You were in luck mate! And you have've made the right decision by switching to vBulletin!
    =)

Comment

congrads on getting your money finally, greg
      http://www.virtualinfusion.net
      An Anime and Manga discussion forum.

Comment

They chose to do at least part of a right thing =) I'm glad you received a refund Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by poolking
          In my opinion IPB have always been very touchy and don't seem to take criticism very well at all, I have seen whole threads and posts removed because people have had something detrimental to say about their product.

They don't even like any other bulletin board software being mentioned on their forums.
          I agree.

We can discuss other software here and jelsoft dont complain!

Comment

That's true, although you can only go so far...

Glad he got his refund. Add $11 and grab a license from here!

Originally posted by simsgenius
            I agree.

We can discuss other software here and jelsoft dont complain!
            Kim

Comment

I don't know if this is really that important but I thought I would mention it anyway. I mentioned earlier that I posted about this on Invisionize.com, which is supposed to be an independent resource site for IPB, and they say that they are independent too. The thread I posted there had over 100 replies and about 2,000 views, with most posters suppoting me, and many even sharing similar experiences. After I received the refund, somebody suggested that now, since the matter has been resolved, that the thread should probably be locked and I said that would be fine with me, and a mod agreed and locked it. That was yesterday. Today I went back to Invisionize and found that the thread has ben deleted...

http://forums.invisionize.com/index....ic=71163&st=90

The thread is still coming up in the search engine though, but now shows 0 replies and 0 views and is a dead link as well...

http://forums.invisionize.com/index....ve+decently%3F

It makes me wonder if even though they claim to be indepent of IPS, whether they were pressured in some way by IPS to remove it.

Anyway, I plan to be buying a vBulletin license soon to start my first site, fotoBlog.net. I will also be buying vBaGallery and using vBadvanced for it. I had a counter on the domain a while back and it was getting 100-200 uniques/day... probably alot of people trying to go to fotolog.net. Thanks again for all the support for someone that isn't even a customer YET.
              Last edited by GreggH; Sun 3 Apr '05, 10:33am.

Comment

It's a sad state of affairs really. The bad publicity that IPB have got about this is going to cost them a lot more than just the refund in the long term.

Can't say I'm surprised at their attitude....which is very different nowadays from what it was 3 years ago.
                Homes-Spain

Comment

Although this thread has run it's course since the issue got resolved, I thought I add my 85 cents below...

I believe they were asked by IPS to remove it. One of the mboards (no longer up) I was a mod at had a anti-IPS thread and was asked to remove it or face legal issues. It's too bad. They have a lot of damage control to do.

Anyway that's cool you got your $$ back and planning to get vB. It's worth the investment!

Originally posted by GreggH
                  I don't know if this is really that important but I thought I would mention it anyway. I mentioned earlier that I posted about this on Invisionize.com, which is supposed to be an independent resource site for IPB, and they say that they are independent too. The thread I posted there had over 100 replies and about 2,000 views, with most posters suppoting me, and many even sharing similar experiences.

(snipped)

It makes me wonder if even though they claim to be indepent of IPS, whether they were pressured in some way by IPS to remove it.
                  Kim

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X