• Show
Clear All

• flamyngo
    replied
    I think you guys have sold me!

Leave a comment:

• Reeve of Shinra
    replied
    Between the default vb features and add-on modifications at vbulletin.org, it does everything I ever wanted and more.

Leave a comment:

• flamyngo
    replied
    Also, on the post thing... how come it takes you a few posts back instead of straight to the first unread post?

Leave a comment:

• flamyngo
    replied
    oh, sorry I figured that one out!

I am still trying to learn this board... so far I think it has everything I need. Honestly is there anything your users wish it did that it doesn't?

Leave a comment:

• conqsoft
    replied
    Originally posted by flamyngo
    also, is there a way for it to take you automatically back to the thread you were posting in??
    Not sure what you mean...

Leave a comment:

• flamyngo
    replied
    also, is there a way for it to take you automatically back to the thread you were posting in??

I am sorry for so many questions, I have just been running phpbb for about a year, and since I lost everything, I am wanting to make an informed decision before I jump in because I never want it to happen to me again

Leave a comment:

• flamyngo
    replied
    i am having a problem with getting it to take me to the last post I have read. It seems to be taking me back to like the last few posts? Is there a board that does this better?

I registered at your site conqsoft so I could check it all out. The gallery seems to be exactly what I want! Thanks for helping me out so much!

Leave a comment:

• conqsoft
    replied
    I use vBulletin and vBa Gallery, and the answer to all of those is Yes. (Other than the blinky PM thing, which will take a small template modification.)

Leave a comment:

• flamyngo
    replied
    ahhh thank you!
    Now, here are some of the things my users are asking for in a board... can Vbulletin with the advanced gallery do these things? Does anyone know of a board that has really implemented the gallery well that I can look at??

ability to have LOTS of emoticons

get taken to newest post in a thread (we answered that one already)

Ability to save your favorite posts so you can go back and look at them later.

ability to save favorite gallery images

mouse rollover to view message (Vb has this)

quick reply (I want this to be able to be done without having to click the quick reply button, is this possible?)

look at MORE last images uploaded (I would like to be able to look at the last 25 uploaded images in the gallery)

thumbnail viewing with comments attached (in the gallery I want them to be able to look at the comments when just looking at the thumbnail image)

ability to look at new posts since the last time you visited that particular thread (so in we don't want it to reset just because you had to close the board)

blinkie pm thing (they want it to flash on the top of the screen when they have a new pm, does it do this?)

Are we crazy for wanting all this stuff?

Leave a comment:

• conqsoft
    replied
    The "Right Arrow" after the Last Poster's name takes you to the last post.

The "Down Arrow" in FRONT of the thread title takes you to the first unread post.

Leave a comment:

• flamyngo
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    Usually there is a little "arrow" button in front of a thread. That will take you to the first unread post on that thread.
    okay, I found the arrow that takes me to the last post, but where would I find the arrow that takes you to the first unread post? Also, if you close out the board, and come back, can you still go to your last unread post?

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Usually there is a little "arrow" button in front of a thread. That will take you to the first unread post on that thread.

Leave a comment:

• flamyngo
    replied
    Thanks so much! WOW SUPER FAST REPLY!

Another question I have is that my members tend to have posts that go on for pages and pages... I want them to be able to click on a thread, and it take them straight to the first unread post in that thread. Is this something Vbulletin is capable of doing?

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    There are several gallery solutions available. Some paid solutions include the ones at http://www.photopost.com and http://www.vbadvanced.com.

There also several free gallery solutions over at http://www.vbulletin.org

Leave a comment:

• flamyngo
    started a topic Vbulletin with Gallery

Vbulletin with Gallery

Okay, I am currently running a phpbb with a gallery added on. Since I have been hacked twice in the last three months, I have decided to look into a better board for my scrapbooking community. The thing is, I can't find anywhere running the gallery add on and having it do the things I need it to do. I know this is a place to ask more about the board, and I have those questions too.

I need for the board to be VERY easy to use, and to integrate perfectly with the gallery, because a scrapbooking website is so much about the pictures of the work that people do. I also need features like being able to save favorite posts, and favorite photos.

Am I going to be disappointed with the way the two run together? I haven't seen another scrapbooking website successfully running these two together.

Any opinions before I make this purchase?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X