X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuarttunstall
    replied
    Hi

As Zachery knows, I had this very same situation arise recently, my current host does not allow SSH access, which, apart from a spate of "downtime" was one of my reasons for moving. My new host does allow SSH

As my site/database is still rather new/small, with a database around 9mb in size , I used the back up feature in vB to back up my database to my PC, as I had no SSH, then used SSH to restore it to my new server, worked perfect as far as I can see. Not sure if the vB back up feature is reliable on large databases? if you use SSH to restore?

Just another "off topic" comment, I would just like to thank Zachery for his help during my move, along with a couple of other members, The support from this site, and the quality of the product, makes it all worth the money, keep up the good work!
    Sorry.....off topic

Stuart

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Its easier to use SSH and mysql dump, really, you can do quite abit more though the shell.

Leave a comment:

• Blootix.com
    replied
    For my phpMyAdmin I could upload 5.5 MB. But that's it, and I already have 4.7 or something even though my forums are about 1-2 weeks old...

So I'd HIGHLY suggest SSH access. Though phpMyAdmin is easier to use, SSH gets you all the SQL.

Leave a comment:

• WhiteOx
    replied
    Search for a file called bigdump.php it's worked for me.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Thats totally relevant to the php/mysql settings/.

Leave a comment:

• Rob-Morgan
    replied
    What about download?

Leave a comment:

• KanyeWest
    replied
    phpmyadmin the most you can upload is around 2 mb

Leave a comment:

• Rob-Morgan
    replied
    At what sort of size would a database be in theory too big for phpMyAdmin? Just a rough idea.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by jakaroo
    Is it possible to upload, maintain and backup a large database without the use of SSH?
    Not realisticly.

Leave a comment:

• jakaroo
    started a topic SSH or not?

SSH or not?

Is it possible to upload, maintain and backup a large database without the use of SSH?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X