Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost there, another question.

This thurs. cant wait!

Anyway is there anyway I can make it so you have to have a certain ammount of posts to view a section of the forum?

Like I want a Senior Members spot, where I would want only the people with 1000+ posts to be able to view, is this possible with standard VB, or will I need a hack?

Also if possible in standard VB I would like to check it out in the Admin demo, so if you could quickly state how to do it.

Thanks.

1. Yes, using Usergroup permissions and Promotions.

2. You can set an Admin Demo for your own use from this page:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yep, setup the default registered usergroup to not have permission to view that particular forum. Then make a new usergroup based on the default registered usergroup, and its permissions .. then go to the forum permissions and give this user permission to view that particular forum. Finally, you can setup a promotion for the default usergroup based on x posts to upgrade to the new usergroup. Once every hour it will run the promote script and everybody with x posts or more gets upgraded automaticly.

Comment

Very awesome just what I needed, thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X