Thinking of switching from IPB 2.0.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of switching from IPB 2.0.3

As the title says I'm thinking of switching to the latest version of VB from IPB 2.0.3 but I have some questions.

Firstly what would be lost in such a move? Secondly I have various mods installed, can you please tell me which of these come as standard and which I would have to get a VB hack for?

*Detailed online list
    *IP on Validation
    *No title required for a PM
    *Choosing which user group can view the online list
    *Users local time in the post profile
    *Mass PM
    *Include for rotating banner script

Currently guests are able to view forums, view thread titles but are not able to view the content of the threads unless they register. Is this possible too with VB? I had a play with the demo forum but couldn't find such a setting. If it's not standard is such a hack available?

I have the IPS Gallery too, do VB have an equivalent? How easy is it to install?

I also want to put my header above the board and this was a lot of trouble on IPB, how easy is it on VB? My forums are http://www.mumsonline.net/forums so you can see what I mean by header.

TIA
    Last edited by mumsonline*; Sat 12 Feb '05, 6:33am.

Originally posted by mumsonline*
    As the title says I'm thinking of switching to the latest version of VB from IPB 2.0.3 but I have some questions.

Firstly what would be lost in such a move? Secondly I have various mods installed, can you please tell me which of these come as standard and which I would have to get a VB hack for?

*Detailed online list
    *IP on Validation
    *Choosing which user group can view the online list
    *Users local time in the post profile
    *Mass PM
    *Mass PM
    You need hacks for those above.

Currently guests are able to view forums, view thread titles but are not able to view the content of the threads unless they register. Is this possible too with VB? I had a play with the demo forum but couldn't find such a setting. If it's not standard is such a hack available?
    You need a hack.

I have the IPS Gallery too, do VB have an equivalent? How easy is it to install?
    Try vBAdvanced Gallery.

I also want to put my header above the board and this was a lot of trouble on IPB, how easy is it on VB? My forums are http://www.mumsonline.net/forums so you can see what I mean by header.

TIA
    It's eazy if you understand html. All operation can be done in Admin CP.

PS: I think you will find those hacks in www.vBulletin.org.

Comment

Thanks, I'll have a look at the hacks and see how involved they are!

Any ideas on the info lost by converting?

Comment

Originally posted by mumsonline*
        Thanks, I'll have a look at the hacks and see how involved they are!

Any ideas on the info lost by converting?
        Nothing will be lost. You'll get a great importer from vB's members area. Here's the step of import of IPB2:
        1. Check and update database
        2. Associate Users
        3. Import Usergroup
        4. Import User
        5. Import Forum
        6. Import Thread
        7. Import Post
        8. Import Poll
        9. Import Private Messages
        10. Import Moderators
        11. Import Attachment
        12. Import Smilie
        Anything unimported?

Comment

Am I right in thinking that all passwords would be lost? How do users get back in?

One more question too

Can Admin set flood control for posting? Currently there is a 30 second limit set and there is no way to change it at all for anyone.

Thanks for all your help btw!

Comment

For IPB (2) importing, once you finish it, all your members would merely have to just use the "lost password" procedure to reset their password.

Yes you can set flood control (like 30 seconds) and so forth. This board itself has a flood control time of 60 seconds
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X