No announcement yet.

timing of release of 3.1 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do paid members (those who bought vb), get access to beta or even alpha builds and if so, where can they be found? I bought a copy of vb & I noticed a lot of people who was using 3.0 beta for a while before the final version. But since I've signed up, I do not see such a place.

Comment

The vB3 Betas from beta3 through 7 were available to all licensed customers. We do not make older versions of the software available for download.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        The vB3 Betas from beta3 through 7 were available to all licensed customers. We do not make older versions of the software available for download.
        So when there is another beta, I & the rest of the paying members will have access to it? *waits*

Comment

No, not necessaily.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

To clarify what Steve said, there was a private beta phase before all (valid) customers got access to beta 3+.

Comment

I hope it comes out *before* May. that way when I buy it, I wont need to upgrade :P But I doubt it.

Comment

I doubt any new versions would be out soon.Maybe in the fall?
                I am scared when I buy Vbulletin and I have to upgrade it.I might mess it up.

Comment

Originally posted by tarlkea
                  I am hoping for a beta release this month.

Comment

Originally posted by tarlkea
                    a man can hope for a new beta release, can't he :/ please don't crush my dreams of upgrading just because you are afriad to upgrade... we can all help you upgrade if needed :X
                    Best Regards,
                    Andy Huang

Comment

a vB 4.0 will be really cool ... I mean, vB3 has been out for quite some time. So, if v4.0 comes out early, when I purchase a license, I can practice on v4 for my scripting and have new vB software that will be ... a new feeling ... like "looky! I have vB4 for my site! A new version that not many vB3 users have upgraded to hahahaha!" ... well not really ...

Anyway, I will volunteer for beta testing once I have my license bought.

Comment

vB4 is a long way off. Only Jelsoft knows when its coming (and I don't expect it anytime this year either)
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                          vB4 is a long way off. Only Jelsoft knows when its coming (and I don't expect it anytime this year either)
                          awww ... lol thanks okay for this means that I can script my software t owork with vB3 since vB4 possibly aint coming anytime this year Meaning when it does I can convert my scripting with vB4 .

Comment

I dont think its anytime next year either.

Comment

vB 3 Will suit my needs. Its amazing. Ill probably (When I do buy vB) hold off to upgrading to 4.0 until the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sullivan
                                To clarify what Steve said, there was a private beta phase before all (valid) customers got access to beta 3+.
                                So how does someone get access to betas?

Comment