X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vtec44
    replied
    http://forums.offtopic.com/

Look at the number of threads, posts, and currently active users. If VB can handle something like that, I'm pretty sure you can handle your site.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by silkroad
    Welcome!

You made a good decision, IMHO. Good commercial software is often cheaper, in the long run, that cheap freeware - more feature rich, much better support (Jelsoft support is great!), more security releases, etc.

I just wish Jelsoft would integrate more, like a CMS or web mail systems. I'm willing to invest if if it helps!
    Patience my friend..patience

Leave a comment:

• silkroad
    replied
    Originally posted by eXaulz
    I'm buying.

Me and my staff have decided to buy it, so... thanks everyone.
    Welcome!

You made a good decision, IMHO. Good commercial software is often cheaper, in the long run, that cheap freeware - more feature rich, much better support (Jelsoft support is great!), more security releases, etc.

I just wish Jelsoft would integrate more, like a CMS or web mail systems. I'm willing to invest if if it helps!

Leave a comment:

• RockStar
    replied
    Very wise decision

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by eXaulz
    I'm buying.

Welcome to vBulletin eXaulz

Leave a comment:

• eXaulz
    replied
    I'm buying.

Leave a comment:

• Beaker
    replied
    I'm just moving over from IPB, IPB isn't worth paying for vB is. i've looked at various BBS systems, vB appears to be the most feature rich and stable of the lot. I played around with a few, and i couldn't find anything else i considered suitable. My own forums have ~2k users, with about 900 I would consider active posters (used the forum in the past month, i prune the memebers once every 6 months anyway).

I'm setting up the actual forums tomorrow, i'll be skinning for a few days until it's how i want it (i've never skinned a vB forum so it'll take me some time) and then i'll do the full import when it's ready. I doubt i'll go back to any other forum software.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    Speed/user online/blah: Its capable of handling large forums without having to do much modifications... But its a vague description and no one can really tell you how quick any forum can preform as most large boards have done substential modifications.

Ease to use: Very easy to use, you should be interested to read its manual at http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/ to see a list of its features, as well as http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php to see it in action.

Crash: Heck no... I haven't seen a forum script that'll crash in ages...

Secure: It is more secure than phpBB and IPB (google to search about their exploits and start counting... Be prepared to bring your hands and toes, as well as a buddy so you can borrow his/hers), and it is most likely more secure than any other forum script you can find online.

Leave a comment:

• Scootertaj
    replied
    Check out the Admin demo: http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php.

Hope that helps!

Leave a comment:

• eXaulz
    replied
    I suppose....

What I'm looking for is: it's speed, it's ease of use, how much it can handle, how many users it can handle online, will it crash, is it secure, things like that.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You ask us the benifits?

Well what are you looking for?

Realisticly the use of any software is up to the goals of the end user. I could tell you about how easy it is to mod and create custom hacks if you have php and mysql coding skills. But that might not appeal to you. I could tell you how easy it is to skin and apply style changes, again this might not be what you are looking for.

You are considering buying vBulletin or you wouldn;t be here

I would have to say the best feature of vBulletin, is the support

Leave a comment:

• eXaulz
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMusicMan
    What a weird question.... you ask why we think you should buy vB, but then say this is not a convince me thread. Very weird.....
    *sigh* I meant that I don't want vB fan boys saying things like:

"OMG! DUN'T EVEN THINK ABUT BUYING IPB!!11 BUY VB NOW!! LOL!!"

:-/

Leave a comment:

• TheMusicMan
    replied
    What a weird question.... you ask why we think you should buy vB, but then say this is not a convince me thread. Very weird.....

I migrated from phpBB to vB nearly a year ago and have not looked back since. The additional features are almost endless.

At the end of the day it is your choice. You should have a read through these forums and see what users have to say - then make yoru choice. I cna assure you you will not look back.

Leave a comment:

• eXaulz
    started a topic Why should I buy vBulletin?

Why should I buy vBulletin?

Now, don't think this is a "convince me please!!!" thread, or something like that. I'd like to know the benefits of buying vBulletin from any other forum software like IPB, or MyTopix.

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X