Hardware requirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eleblanc
    That sounds like a other intersting scripts, but doesn't let user upload files.
    I remember seeing a commercial mod for it...

Edit: http://www.securedownloads.net/index.php?page=prodinfo

Good Luck
    Last edited by adguru; Wed 2 Feb '05, 7:57am.
    =)

Comment

server hardware requirement

our forum has an active user at least 400-500 users online at the sametime.. with 12,5K members right now..

i run PIII, 1GB with apache and mysql optimize, but not really help..
      our server often down for CPU overload..

what do you think for future use (at least 700-900 user online at the same time) harware requirement??

thanks.. topan.

Comment

I have a Dell Dual xeon SC1425 2.8 ghz i beleive with 1 Gig of ram, a total of only 8 sites but mainly two sites; one with invision and the other with vbulletin. Probably a average of 150 concurrents user and some peak somewhere between 200-300 users. And the total processor load average 10-15% some peak at 20%. So my guess is for your forum, a similar server would be good. it is always usefull to have some slack when you need to do some work on it. A P4 would probably do the job but if your concurrent number of users reach near 700-800 maybe it is going to be tight.

thats my experience maybe someone else have some more input to that number of concurrent users.

Comment

One more thing, that invision board users are very talky they can throw somewhere between 1000-2000 message a day.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X