Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Ran The Test Script and I Need Some Help Figuring This Out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedor
    replied
    You replied to a year old topic

Leave a comment:

• msibm
    replied
    Is it possible to move attachments from database into file system with safe_mode on?

I have checked many share hostings provided by many companys, but they all setup safe_mode on.
    vBulletin is not for share hosting really?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Also @ devs: Maybe the test script should be modified to explain these errors a little better? There have probbly been some lost sales due to things like this.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by nakile
    Uploads? as in...?

As for attachments and avatar uploading, I really don't care about them.
    (or does that mean I can't FTP avatars?)
    In safe mode uploading of attachments, profile pics and avatars has to be done differntly. I'm sure this applies to things in the admincp to.

You'll just have to set some extra options in the admin cp up, it dose not take much time.

Safe mode restrictions have nothing to do with ftp, only uploading via php scripts.

Leave a comment:

• nakile
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    You can run vB with safe_mode and open_basedir restrictions, however you may need to go through some extra steps to get uploads to work, and you won't be able to store attachments and avatars in the file system.
    Uploads? as in...?

As for attachments and avatar uploading, I really don't care about them.
    (or does that mean I can't FTP avatars?)

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You can run vB with safe_mode and open_basedir restrictions, however you may need to go through some extra steps to get uploads to work, and you won't be able to store attachments and avatars in the file system.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Just wanted to make sure

As far as I know, GZIP, GD aren't exactly needed to run vBulletin, but are always helpful to have as they give vBulletin added benefits . I'm not sure about safe_mode and open_basedir though...

Steve.. ?

Leave a comment:

• nakile
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    What exactly failed on vb_test.php
    I said in my first post

Originally posted by nakile
    open_basedir, safe_mode, GZIP and GD failed.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    What exactly failed on vb_test.php

Leave a comment:

• nakile
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    Database conflict is for previous vB owners who have a current installation. It is looking for global.php, a vBulletin file
    oh,

but what about, vb_test.php?
    Last edited by nakile; Fri 21st Jan '05, 1:06pm. Reason: Changed "aboot" to "about" (no, i'm not Canadian :p)

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Database conflict is for previous vB owners who have a current installation. It is looking for global.php, a vBulletin file

Leave a comment:

• I Ran The Test Script and I Need Some Help Figuring This Out...

First I ran (sp?) vb_test.php and open_basedir, safe_mode, GZIP and GD failed.

then I ran database_conflicts.php and it said:

Code:
    Warning: main(): Unable to access ./global.php3 in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/nintendontr/database_conflicts.php on line 5

Warning: main(./global.php3): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/nintendontr/database_conflicts.php on line 5

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './global.php3' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/nintendontr/database_conflicts.php on line 5
    So, what will happen? or will it even run?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X