Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Ran The Test Script and I Need Some Help Figuring This Out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Ran The Test Script and I Need Some Help Figuring This Out...

First I ran (sp?) vb_test.php and open_basedir, safe_mode, GZIP and GD failed.

then I ran database_conflicts.php and it said:

Code:
    Warning: main(): Unable to access ./global.php3 in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/nintendontr/database_conflicts.php on line 5

Warning: main(./global.php3): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/nintendontr/database_conflicts.php on line 5

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './global.php3' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/nintendontr/database_conflicts.php on line 5
    So, what will happen? or will it even run?

Database conflict is for previous vB owners who have a current installation. It is looking for global.php, a vBulletin file
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
      Database conflict is for previous vB owners who have a current installation. It is looking for global.php, a vBulletin file
      oh,

but what about, vb_test.php?
      Last edited by nakile; Fri 21st Jan '05, 1:06pm. Reason: Changed "aboot" to "about" (no, i'm not Canadian :p)

Comment

What exactly failed on vb_test.php
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
          What exactly failed on vb_test.php
          I said in my first post

Originally posted by nakile
          open_basedir, safe_mode, GZIP and GD failed.

Comment

Just wanted to make sure

As far as I know, GZIP, GD aren't exactly needed to run vBulletin, but are always helpful to have as they give vBulletin added benefits . I'm not sure about safe_mode and open_basedir though...

Steve.. ?

Comment

You can run vB with safe_mode and open_basedir restrictions, however you may need to go through some extra steps to get uploads to work, and you won't be able to store attachments and avatars in the file system.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                You can run vB with safe_mode and open_basedir restrictions, however you may need to go through some extra steps to get uploads to work, and you won't be able to store attachments and avatars in the file system.
                Uploads? as in...?

As for attachments and avatar uploading, I really don't care about them.
                (or does that mean I can't FTP avatars?)

Comment

Originally posted by nakile
                  Uploads? as in...?

As for attachments and avatar uploading, I really don't care about them.
                  (or does that mean I can't FTP avatars?)
                  In safe mode uploading of attachments, profile pics and avatars has to be done differntly. I'm sure this applies to things in the admincp to.

You'll just have to set some extra options in the admin cp up, it dose not take much time.

Safe mode restrictions have nothing to do with ftp, only uploading via php scripts.

Comment

Also @ devs: Maybe the test script should be modified to explain these errors a little better? There have probbly been some lost sales due to things like this.

Comment

Is it possible to move attachments from database into file system with safe_mode on?

I have checked many share hostings provided by many companys, but they all setup safe_mode on.
                      vBulletin is not for share hosting really?

Comment

You replied to a year old topic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X