Why Upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Upgrade?

I've looked, but I can't seem to find a list of improvements of what v3.0.x has over v2.3.x. So what are they?
    Drew
    Running vB v5.5.4 at Mets Global

This is generally a good list..I think there is another floating around somewhere.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=51821
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...t_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

If you still have problems after doing this, send an email to [email protected]. Please include your user name, the email address you registered with and your customer number so we can fix the problem.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...t_priority.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

If you still have problems after doing this, send an email to [email protected]. Please include your user name, the email address you registered with and your customer number so we can fix the problem.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
        is this a kind of automatic reply or am i missing something?
        selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

Why do you want to know, or even care? This is a standard reqquest when someone appears to be asking for support in the Pre-Sales forum and is showing up as unlicensed.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yes of course. but i would not say he was asking for support. ok, i don't care.
            selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

I use to seeing a web page with a list of improvements as new versions are release. Burying this info in threads seems rather a strange method of displaying your progress.

And I don't own your software, but I am member of a rather large forum that does. They running v2.0.x and I've been trying to get 'em to upgrade.
              Drew

Comment

Ah, I see. Unfortunately we do not have a web page that strictly lists improvements in vB3 over vB2.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Security and Feature updates in the long run. vBulletin 2 will only be supported for so long.

Comment

Here is one good reason:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127261

Regards,

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                      Security and Feature updates in the long run. vBulletin 2 will only be supported for so long.
                      Well, after a big crash, a couple of weeks ago, the Auran folks are finally upgrading and they seem to be having a difficult time. And from my visits here, you seem to have gone from v3.6.1 to v3.6.3 during this same period of time, which I guess is adding to their problems.

I do hope you guys get everything work out because I'm getting to miss the Trainz Forum.
                      Drew

Comment

Originally posted by Drucifer View Post
                        Well, after a big crash, a couple of weeks ago, the Auran folks are finally upgrading and they seem to be having a difficult time. And from my visits here, you seem to have gone from v3.6.1 to v3.6.3 during this same period of time, which I guess is adding to their problems.

I do hope you guys get everything work out because I'm getting to miss the Trainz Forum.
                        Those are merely bug fix releases. I wouldn't worry about it.
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

If they are having problems upgrading and they have a legitimate license to the software, they should be posting here about the problems they're having.

vBulletin 2 to vBulletin 3.6 is a major upgrade. All styles and templates and modifications are lost. Usergroup and Forum permissions can be done in a much better way now. I would not try to upgrade a vB2 to a vB3.6 forum unless I have A) Installed a test copy of vB3.6 and recreated my styles and templates in the new system and then exported them as XML files, and B) I have an entire weekend to dedicate to the task. Lots and lots of coffee and Hansen's Energy drink.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X