Life-time Lease Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life-time Lease Question

Did your price on a life-time lease go up?

If I remember correctly, it was somewhere around $85 to upgrade from a current one year lease to a life-time? Or maybe I have a bad memory?

I've also been hearing that you charge $30 to still have access to the updates?

I've checked in my membership section and nothing is there that mentions that?

Thank you.

Lifetime licenses cost 160.00 and you don't have to pay any renewal fee. There is an optional 30.00 fee to have the ability to download the latest upgrades, after your one year free download period expires.

As for a leased license you pay 85.00, but you need to constantly renew it every year.

If you decide to go for an owned license after you bought a leased license, you have 30 days to do so and it costs 85.00 to go from a leased to owned.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I've never done the owned license because of the need for that $30 fee. Does that mean that if there's a security problem, you can't download an update to fix the problem w/o paying $30?

Comment

If there is ever a security issue that's deemed critical (ie. SQL Injection Flaws, XSS, etc.) it will be made available publicly without neededing to renew for 30.00.

You can usually find them available at the Announcement forum
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by dwh
          I've never done the owned license because of the need for that $30 fee. Does that mean that if there's a security problem, you can't download an update to fix the problem w/o paying $30?
          An owned license will allow you to use vBulletin for an unlimited amount of time. The $30 a year is just for updates. If you don't renew, you cannot download non critical updates after a year, but you can still use vBulletin.

If you buy a leased license, you have to remove your vBulletin installation if you choose not to renew.

If you can afford an owned license, and if you plan on running a forum for a long time, then it is defiantly worth it.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by blazini
            Did your price on a life-time lease go up?
            Our prices (except for installation) haven't changed in four years.
            If I remember correctly, it was somewhere around $85 to upgrade from a current one year lease to a life-time? Or maybe I have a bad memory?
            This offer is only valid within the first 30 days of your lease. After that the upgrade to a lifetime license is at full price and we recommend you wait until your lease expires to upgrade.
            I've also been hearing that you charge $30 to still have access to the updates?

I've checked in my membership section and nothing is there that mentions that?
            This has always been the case and is outlined in our product information pages:

Leased License - $85

A leased license grants you the right to run vBulletin on one web server and one web site for each license purchased for 1 year from the date of order. Each license may power one instance of vBulletin on one domain. During the year, you will have unlimited access to the member area, where you can download updated versions of the software. At the end of the year, you must purchase another license in order to continue to run vBulletin.

Owned License - $160

An owned license grants you the right to run vBulletin on one web server and one web site for each license purchased for an unlimited time. Each license may power one instance of vBulletin on one domain. Included in this package is one year's access to the member area, where you can download updated versions of the software. If you require access to the member area after the year has elapsed, you can renew your access for $30 per year.
            Thank you.[/QUOTE]

The text is actually erroneous though. You always have access to the member's area but you cannot download new versions of the software if your download privileges are not up to date and the license is marked as active.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

This offer is only valid within the first 30 days of your lease. After that the upgrade to a lifetime license is at full price and we recommend you wait until your lease expires to upgrade.
              That's no good, I was planning on my last month to upgrade to a life-time lease. I thought it was a great deal.

Isn't there anyway of bringing this deal back? First month, last month, same thing .

Comment

Originally posted by blazini
                That's no good, I was planning on my last month to upgrade to a life-time lease. I thought it was a great deal.

Isn't there anyway of bringing this deal back? First month, last month, same thing .
                that Is a great deal the other major forum keePs changing their free upgrade time from 30 days down to 5 every few weeks. thats why i love vB stability, realibility and easibility of use

Comment

Also the $30 for the access to the download area you can pay at any time. You don't have to pay it every year, so you could wait a year before renewing it.
                  Kim

Comment

So essentially, for the period of 3 years, including updates, the price would be $255 for leased and $220 for owned version, right? So it makes sense to have owned version for time > 3 years. And there is no other differences?

Comment

Except for the leased license requires the renewal, while the owned license does not. That's pretty much the difference.

Comment

Well besides the fact that you could purcahse an owned license, not renew for 3 years and have it cost you 160 dollars, or buy a leased license, and pay for it 3 years in a row.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X