Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Think to buy Vbulletin, have a questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pieman666
    replied
    thanks for the welcome

I haven't yet, I have yet to download (doh) as I've been of work with a bug. But I am really looking forward to converting my board across.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by pieman666
    I just brought a VB licencse for my work and was using the works Credit Card and world pay. I had a phone call an hour later from a nice bloke at VB uk, who was ringing to confirm it was a legitimate card usage as I probably hadn't filled in the credit card address fully. Luckily I had filled in the my works phone number and of course everything was fine. So the moral is to double check from the credit card invoice what your cc card address is and to ensure that you fill in your phone numbers.
    Psst...don't forget to register for priority support, if you haven't already

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the community

Leave a comment:

• pieman666
    replied
    I just brought a VB licencse for my work and was using the works Credit Card and world pay. I had a phone call an hour later from a nice bloke at VB uk, who was ringing to confirm it was a legitimate card usage as I probably hadn't filled in the credit card address fully. Luckily I had filled in the my works phone number and of course everything was fine. So the moral is to double check from the credit card invoice what your cc card address is and to ensure that you fill in your phone numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Huang
    replied
    Please note that if your client have FTP access and download the files and install it on other servers, it will result in "you" violating "your license" and the license your client use which is udner your account may be terminated for having multiple instances running at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    1a) Yes. And you can either retain ownership of the licenses, or you can wait 3 months and transfer ownership to them.

1b) No, there is no discount for multiple branding free licenses.

2) Yes, as long as you are only using one copy of these licensed files at a time and you do ar Colin posted.

3) There is nothing we can do about someone making a chargeback on us. This is diffferent from issuing a refund and is beyond our control. In fact we have had so many fraudulent chargebacks issued against us that we have been forced by the credit card companies to reject many purchases that have questionable information, including those from 'free' email accounts and purchases that have a WorldPay warning on them or have incomplete and/or inaccurate address and telephone data.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    1a) -- not sure about this, after thinking about it a bit.
    b) Not that I know of.
    2) Yes, just update the address in the vB.com members area
    3) I think the sentence in the topic you linked to is badly formulated. Jelsoft doesn't generally give chargebacks, but if you have a valid reason, it's likely that a chargeback will be issued. In the context of that thread, it means that one should be a bit wary due to the possibility of a chargeback when buying a license second hand.

Leave a comment:

• edogs
    replied
    Heh, we got a 3 more questions:-)
    After reading http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90059
    1) (important) We are working with many of our customers. And we became unsure.
    1a) Will we have right to buy licenses for them on our account and install it to their sites?
    1b) Is there any discounts for copyright removal at 3-5-7 license? Or it always be 120$?
    2) (generally we understand the answer, but wanna be sure) If our site will completely moved to new place, will we be able to use same license?
    3) (just curious) We are can't understand why we were told in this topic that there are no money back. Since in topic which were pointed higher were told "Jelsoft carries a policy with which a license owner may make a chargeback if they decide vBulletin is not for them". We are not going to request moneyback:-) don't worry guys:-) But we are intersted why we were told that there are no moneyback

Leave a comment:

• Zodiak
    replied
    Comrade, it's like saying: "Hell, I bought my Ferrari, and it doesn't go more than 30 M/H. Your Ferrari is stupid! I'll buy a minivan"
    Everybody knows that vBulletin is one of the fastest scripts around, and I've never had ANY slowdowns with it. Take this very forum, for instance. I am sure nobody'd ever complained about the speed.
    But I still have the answer... Take phpBB. It's a simple script with a simple design. There is nothing complicated in it. Hence there's nothing to load. On the contrary, vBulletin, being the best and the most powerful script in the world, has LOADS of useful features, a great and complicated (in a nice way) design with JS. Therefore, there's more to load, give or take. Plus, you might have problems with your PC, so there's some **** going on when browsing vBulletin.
    Anyways, the difference in speed is extremely insignificant when I browse.

But, anyway, you've made the right choice! Welcome to the Community!
    Last edited by Zodiak; Thu 13 Jan '05, 3:47am.

Leave a comment:

• edogs
    replied
    Originally posted by _| () R | Z
    1.- that site is probably hosted in Russia, so your closer to the server so it is faster.
    2.- that free script isnt that demandable as a forumsysten like phpbb, vbulletin, invision etc. thats why it loads faster.
    http://www.edogs.ru/modules.php?name...=viewforum&f=5
    Here is another link then. Site are located in USA datacenter. phpbb. Same thing.
    But as we told, it means nothing now. We already made decision to buy.

Leave a comment:

• _| () R | Z
    replied
    Originally posted by edogs
    1) The speed of load of vbulletin pages are not very impressive:-( Even on this forum it loads more slow even in compare to free phorum http://sherik-forum.alanoshtat.com/r...=20061&t=20061 It tooks a several seconds for us here (vbulletin), which is generally boring, and less than 1 second there (in phorum). We have fast internet line, so it seems that problem not in our connection.
    1.- that site is probably hosted in Russia, so your closer to the server so it is faster.
    2.- that free script isnt that demandable as a forumsysten like phpbb, vbulletin, invision etc. thats why it loads faster.

Leave a comment:

• edogs
    replied
    So, here is our final thoughts.
    1) The speed of load of vbulletin pages are not very impressive:-( Even on this forum it loads more slow even in compare to free phorum http://sherik-forum.alanoshtat.com/r...=20061&t=20061 It tooks a several seconds for us here (vbulletin), which is generally boring, and less than 1 second there (in phorum). We have fast internet line, so it seems that problem not in our connection.
    2) The our server load in comprassion to phpbb after moving DB to vbulletin became less. It didn't became so low as we basically hope, but at least it's more low than with phpbb.
    3) Basically we decide to bought vbulletin, at least one copy for now. Mostly because we like support:-) Though we didn't make decision to offer it to our clients, because of 1st point.
    4) The only thing left, is to solve worldpay related questions.

Thank you for all guys for all your answers!

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    replied
    Well there you have it Edogs. After 3 or so years later, the Jelsoft team comes through with a more than satisfactory response to the situation with my multiple license discounts. I would imagine that I didn't do as needed when I purchased to receive the discounts. Or at least that is the best guess that we've been able to come up with. Nevertheless, even 3 years later Jelsoft was willing to take a look at it and offer a solution to bring me up to date. I now have my multiple license discounts. Now where are you going to go and receive this type of professional response and attitude of caring when purchasing a software package of any kind?

I never have. Thanks Jelsoft.

Leave a comment:

• Zodiak
    replied
    Well, then just contact all your major banks (international ones first) and ask them if you can use the card on the Net. If you can, then Jelsoft is likely to accept any major credit card.
    By the way, you ought to have something like Western Union... I assume it's perfectly OK for Jelsoft as well.

Leave a comment:

• edogs
    replied
    Originally posted by Zodiak
    Comrade, CitiBank will do (I know you have it there). And as for the credit card, I guess Visa or MasterCard is accepted worldwide.
    You'll laugh, but we had call citibank, they don't allow to use their credit card in internet from security goals:-) So here we were stopped even earlier then got in internet.
    I believe, you can actually use PayPal. Just get a credit card, and then transfer the cash to your PayPal account. Not sure though, never used it.
    Nope. Definitely nope. Russia not in list of countries in their allowed list. They block any account if someone enters there from Russian IP, don't accept Russian credit cards and etc.

Steve: thank you, we'll contact worldpay for more information.

Leave a comment:

• Zodiak
    replied
    Comrade, CitiBank will do (I know you have it there). And as for the credit card, I guess Visa or MasterCard is accepted worldwide.
    I believe, you can actually use PayPal. Just get a credit card, and then transfer the cash to your PayPal account. Not sure though, never used it.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X