Licence forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licence forever

If you buy a Vbulletin Owned Licence, do you have it forever?

Yes, as long as you follow the License Agreement. You will have to pay $30 per year to renew members area access, though.
    The PokeConnect Community - Pokemon Forums powered by vBulletin(of course!)

Comment

The $30 a year is to re-new downloads of new versions. With an owned license your access to the members area never expires, and it is supported forever.

Comment

I'd linke to know if the member's area access gives access to downloading updates even if there is a major release sucha as a 4.x.x vbulletin

Comment

Members area access dose not mean you can download new versions.

If you have an owned license that has not expired then you can download new versions, it dose not matter if they are major releases or minor ones.

When you buy an owned license it comes with one year of download access for free. Once your year is up you can pay $30 to renew and get download access again. You can renew at any time, so if you are happy with your current version and wanted to wait for a major release before renewing you can.

If you do not renew you still have access to support and the members area, you just can't download new versions

Comment

You will ALWAYS have access to member's area for supports. However, you cannot upgrade to the newer version unless your upgrade access is still valid for that specific license.

For example, I have two licenses. One expires July this year, and the other expires October this year. They are both on the same account. If, unfortunetly enough for me, they were to release 4.x.x in Augustthis year (not necessairly the case, they will only release it when they are done; it may be before, it may be after, we'll never know until they announce it), then I cannot upgrade to 4.x.x with the license that expired at July, but I can upgrade to 4.x.x with the license that expires in October. If I want to upgrade to 4.x.x for the license which expires on July, I must then pay the $30 to upgrade to add another year to my license. The year is added ontop from the current date or the date your license expires, which comes later. However, when there's critical release such as 3.0.5 we seen eariler today, they will provide the init.php or necessairy files for you to fix your forum.

Hope the above explaination helps.

Cheers.
            Best Regards,
            Andy Huang

Comment

C'mon guys it isn't $30 a YEAR. You don't have to renew members access every year if you don't want to.

Comment

Originally posted by poolking
                C'mon guys it isn't $30 a YEAR. You don't have to renew members access every year if you don't want to.
                True, it isn't $30 A YEAR, they mean to say that it will cost $30 to extend the period in which you hold download-rights BY a year.
                Toddler from Hell

Comment

Even if you can't download new versions, can you still acsess the Admin CP.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris-The-Scout
                    Even if you can't download new versions, can you still acsess the Admin CP.
                    If you have an owned license, you can still access the Members Area. However after your one year period of download expires, your ability to download files is disabled. When you pay $30.00 to regain access to download, you gain an additional one year.
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Your admincp will never be locked for any reason.

Comment

Also, if you buy multiple licenses....you'll need to renew each of 'em individually if you want to have the latest version.

I learned that the hard way....but oh well, its worth it.

Comment

i dont like that if you have multible it should just be one renewal dont need to overmilk the cow. ya already supporting the system by having multi licenses the download area should be one straight fee no matter how many licenses you have unless your a reseller or something. if its all personal forums i wouldnt see why you need to pay 30 for each forum you run. i understand the multi licenses to actually run the forums though

Comment

You are never obligated to pay the 30 unless you want download access.

the 30 dollars a year is about 2.50 a month, which is insanely cheap.

It also helps us pay the bills in the long run

Comment

or roughly 8.3 cents every day for 365 days..
                              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X