2005 Have you waited long enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Have you waited long enough?

I am truly fortunate to have been given the gift of a lifetime license that only needs a annual renewal of a small amount.

If you are here in the pre-sales area trying to deciede if you should use this software, or maybe thinking of becoming a customer. I say, you have no idea what you are missing out on.
    I post this ofmy own free will & have no afilliation with vB other than a happy member of the customer family.

Lastly, if you for any reason doubt your ability to use the software. I am legally blind & have gotten EVERYTHING answered & resolved here through support. So if I can do it, anyone can.

You've waited long enough, get in on the greatest board on the internet. It's time for a vB.

When you say your legaly blind you mean that...you can still see but your eye sight is so bad that your considered legally blind right? Because if thats not the case Im wondering how you opperate your vB

Comment

I dont know about Bad_I_Bill but I am also legally blind. yes it does mean I can still see but I only have about 3 or 4% of 'normal' vision.

How do I run VB ?

I use firefox and wind the font sixe up real high

Graham
      Regards
      Graham.
      TheVIPzone.org ( A work in progress :) )
      The Visually Impaired Community Site.

Comment

I am just below the qualifying line.

I use a 21" monito & sit close. I have to run my resolution on 800 X 600.

Most people that are legally blind are worse off than I am. In the daytime out in public, it is not even noticible. Other than my wife always has to drive.
        Nighttime is a totally different story.

Comment

Same as me

Aint it a kicker that with all these anti discrimination against the disabled laws that the government wont let us have a driving licence
          Regards
          Graham.

Comment

With my glasses on I can see about 20 to 30 % of normal 100% vision.
            I use a 22" iiyama pro crt monitor and a 19" tft samsung monitor - both in 1024 resolution.

These pro monitors allow me to set brightness, contrast and all the other stuff to a few pre defined settings which I use to lower stress on my eyes.

vBulletin is so cool, near blind people can use it. It's proven.

Comment

Originally posted by groberthall
              Same as me

Aint it a kicker that with all these anti discrimination against the disabled laws that the government wont let us have a driving licence
              I do not feel I am safe beyong about 30-45 mph. To compensate for the distances, I can not see well enough to stop in time.
              What erks me is people on Golf Carts in my town & now that I am about to get one, the city is going to start ticketing drivers. .

Comment

Feh - I wish I waited long enought but I still have 5 months to go...

Comment

I have 50% vision and i LOVE vbulletin. I am lucky to have recieved vBulletin as a gift from a friend =)

Comment

I cannot see to drive either.... but thats not the point ( I was only joking about anyway )

Floris... I also have my screens set to cut down on the eyestrain but it always presents me with problems when I come up with a nice colour for the site and then realize that other 'normal' people will not be seeing it the same way.

Graham
                    Regards
                    Graham.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X