Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it easy? Can I get a free domain name?

Comment

I hope this is a legal bump, but can you save copies of the files after downloading them?

Comment

Yes you can, either on your computer's hard drive or a CD in case something happens with the hosting account or if you move the board. The latest version is always in the download area of the member's area.

Originally posted by Curt Smith
        I hope this is a legal bump, but can you save copies of the files after downloading them?
        Kim

Comment

By the way, I think vBulletin should be free for a bit. No offense, but not all people are rich.

Comment

By the way, I think vBulletin should be free for a bit. No offense, but not all people are rich.
            The marketplace is full of products that allow people to run free forums. vBulletin is not one of them and making it free for a bit will do little to help the longterm viability of the company.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

But when I make a forum elsewhere the server dies or some people join and pester me. It's highly annoying having to create another board when this occurs, especially when the board is based on video games that are out of production.

Comment

But when I make a forum elsewhere the server dies or some people join and pester me. It's highly annoying having to create another board when this occurs, especially when the board is based on video games that are out of production.
                From what I'm aware, you can use the same vbulletin license to run board AFTER board - you do not have to buy a new license if you are going to close an old forum and start a new one, so long as you update the domain name here on the members area.

Don't hold me to that though
                GoXplore! | The Big Design Company | Athena Protects

Comment

That's correct, as long as you have an active/owned license.
                  Best Regards
                  Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

I don't have the money and even if I did, I don't have a clue about sites. I haven't even tried creating a single page using HTML before. It seems pretty hard having to remember all the different codes.

Comment

If you are not willing to pay there are tons of alterntives, if you won't pay for web hosting either, then the problem is with yourself and your choices of hosting and forum scripts. If you want your website to last and be around you need to pay for somthing, be it the space / software / etc or maybe all of it.

Most forum softwares don't require you to know anything besides how to edit a few text files, most of the infomation they requre can be given to you buy your hosting provider.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X