This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

Before I buy my board there are some questions. After the board is created, what next? Do you just have to know the link and your password, or is there more? Do I have to have it hosted? Well if so, I haven't a scooby about HTML or websites.

You must purchase a license and install it on a web server that has PHP and MySQL installed. It's quite easy.

Comment

It must be easy if 1000 people use it.

Any recommendations for hosting?

Comment

Try the webhosting forum .

Comment

Tens of thousends are using it It is the market leader on BBS

Comment

Is there really tens of thousands? I guess it's not much in the corporate world, but to me it is

Comment

Just before the year turned 2005 the 65.000th member registered on the web site. If not even half of them has a license .. then it would still be tens of thousends of users running vBulletin. I hate to say this, but even though we fight really hard against piracy, I am sure such a number also applies to piracy. (but we are catching up!)

Comment

True. And you guys always say not many of your customers even register on the forums.

Comment

Exactly. So I think it is quite safe for me say tens of thousends.

Comment

How do you actually upload it to a server? And how do you get a server?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Smith
                      How do you actually upload it to a server? And how do you get a server?
                      you need to purchase an account from a hosting company and a domain name.
                      you upload then it using an ftp client such has filezilla
                      http://www.virtualinfusion.net
                      An Anime and Manga discussion forum.

Comment

Any recommendations?

Comment

CuteFTP and WS_FTP Pro.
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

smartftp is a good one too

Comment

Thread moved to Pre-Sales. It really doesn't belong in Site Feedback.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X