Test Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Question

About to order but have a couple of questions.

I need to convert from phpbb to vB,the forum is currently a subdomain, example - forum.sitename.com

First question - Can I set up a test site such as test.sitename.com to "practice" importing the current forum db and then delete the test site and redo everything at forum.sitename.com without breaking the rules?

Second question - The current forum is down, all the phpbb files have been deleted but the db is still "live". Does the forum have to actually be running to do the import or just the db?

Silly questions I'm sure.

MP

First question - Can I set up a test site such as test.sitename.com to "practice" importing the current forum db and then delete the test site and redo everything at forum.sitename.com without breaking the rules?
    Yes; you are allowed to have one public and one private (testing) instance of vBulletin running.

Second question - The current forum is down, all the phpbb files have been deleted but the db is still "live". Does the forum have to actually be running to do the import or just the db?
    The importer only requires the database, so yes, the import will still work without the files.

And this is what the current phpBB importer can transfer to vBulletin.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Thanks for the info, about to go order and give it a try.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X