Purchasing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing.

The folks couldn't be more rude, what a disappointment.

We pay for an hotmail account as our primary account. When telling the customer service they said get a real email account or tough.

Great way to impress customers. I'm trying to give you 160$ and get treated like that? Wow!

How about training them to give a reasonable suggestion rather then be rude!

Regards.
    Computer Help Forum
    An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

I'm not a part of vB in any way shape or form, I don't even own a license (Yet) - but I thought I'd toss in my two cents on this subject...

Hotmail actually blocks quite a few e-mails, including gmail (Completely blocks gmail accounts - at least all the ones I have tried), and a lot of php/server-generated e-mails.

They're just turning you down for using a hotmail address because it will more than likely be blocked by hotmail's horrible spam filtering.

If you want a gmail account, I can give you one - I have a few invites left... I'm sure they'll accept gmail over hotmail.
    Just make sure the email account you give me is NOT from Microsoft
    Last edited by Sykoi; Mon 20 Dec '04, 3:11pm.

Comment

Actually the reason why Gmail/Hotmail/Yahoo and other free domains are blocked because they are subjected to high frauds.

Jelsoft has been the victim of thousands of fraudulent transactions that its become a point where they have to do something or be faced with a 500,000.00 fine per transaction.
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
        Actually the reason why Gmail/Hotmail/Yahoo and other free domains are blocked because they are subjected to high frauds.

Jelsoft has been the victim of thousands of fraudulent transactions that its become a point where they have to do something or be faced with a 500,000.00 fine per transaction.
        Well, luckly I found out before I bought a license

Comment

All valid reason's, I was venting.

Tomorrow's another day.
          Computer Help Forum
          An informed rider makes their first destination the motorcycle forum at rider info.

Comment

This is definitely a tough situation for us. However the sad truth is that hotmail/yahoo/gmail accounts have an extremely high percentage of credit card fraud and we have been forced by the credit card companies to crack down on this fraud or lose our ability to process credit card orders. This is in addition to the massive fines they are threatening us with.

I wish we lived in a world where everyone was honest and trustworthy, but that's sadly not the case.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the kind reply. I was frustrated and wanted to open tonight.

It's probably best for both of us.

Regards
              Computer Help Forum

Comment

I'm pretty sure if you ordered via the Members Area you wouldn't get the same problem. I ordered a renewal package and had no problems.
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Honestly, (personal remark)

Everybody with internet has a internet service provider, each ISP comes with 1 pop3 account at least. Those are valid.

Comment

I bought one licence just recently using a GMail account [Using Paypal]... If you have a paypal account, why not use it? It's more fast than buying using CC
                    =)

Comment

The free email rule is basicly in effect only on the worldpay payment method. As PayPal uses a different anti fraud/scam rules then worldpay.

Comment

i bought mine via paypal to a gmail account and then had it transferred to my domain's email.

Comment

i got people who want to get vB but their ISP is hotmail/msn they dont use paypal what can they do?

Comment

PayPal does not require an account in order to use their credit card payment services.
                            We also offer credit card over the phone and check and wiretransfer .. various online and offline payment services.

Comment

Owned Active. Thanks Guys.
                              Computer Help Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X