Clear All

• Scootertaj
    replied
    Ok thank you very much Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Anime
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    If you are downloading it the first time, then the defaults are most likely the best bet for you. If you don't know what a shebang is then chances are it is not needed on your server, but you can verify this with your hosting provider.
    i always thought "shebang" was just a badley sung song.
    Last edited by Mike Anime; Wed 15 Dec '04, 3:33pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you are downloading it the first time, then the defaults are most likely the best bet for you. If you don't know what a shebang is then chances are it is not needed on your server, but you can verify this with your hosting provider.

Leave a comment:

• Scootertaj
    started a topic vBulletin Package

vBulletin Package

Hey I have a question, at http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/ it has the different options you can choose when you're downloadign the latest package.
    PHP File Extension
    As a general rule, web servers will use .php as the extension for PHP scripts, but some servers may use a different extension, or you may simply wish to use a different extension out of your own preference. Various extensions are available here for you to choose.
    Download File Format
    This option allows you to choose the compression format of the package you are about to download. Most people will want to download the .zip package as Windows® has in-built support for zip files. However, if you are downloading the package directly to a Linux server you may prefer to use the tarball (.tar.gz) format.
    CGI Shebang
    This option will only be of use to you if your server runs PHP as a CGI rather than as a web server module. If your server runs PHP as a CGI and requires a shebang (such as #!/usr/bin/php) then you can enter the required text here and it will automatically be inserted into whichever PHP files in vBulletin require its use.
    Download File
    Use this option to control the contents of the package you are about to download. For example, if you have previously installed vBulletin you will probably not need to download the images again, so you can use this control to specify that the package you download does not contain the images directory.

What do these mean? What would I choose if I was downloading it the first time? I'm guessing Download File and PHP Extension but what are the others?
    Last edited by Scootertaj; Wed 15 Dec '04, 8:31am. Reason: Hard to read the titles