Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just about to buy.. few questions

Ok
    Im just gathering the funds together and should have them ready by next monday at the latest, but hopfully before friday.

A few questions.

1. As soon as i pay via paypal with my "funds" not creditcard, will i get my customer id and password e-mailed to me straight away or will i need to wait.

2. Do we get to choose our password - because doing so makes if feel like the account belongs to me.

3. Is there a place where you can get "free" high quality templates or is there a place to teach you how to make your own template.

4. I ran vb_test.php to test my host, everything passed except for this:

magic_quotes_gpc should be off for optimal performance, ask your host to change this in php.ini

Will this cause any problems, or any hassels, or should i not worry about it.

5. I got this error when i ran the database_conflicts.php:

Warning: main(./global.php3): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nzfiles/public_html/database_conflicts.php on line 5

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './global.php3' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/nzfiles/public_html/database_conflicts.php on line 5

What does it mean?

Thank You,
    I look forward to purchasing an owned licence
    Bandic00t
    Last edited by Bandic00t; Mon 13 Dec '04, 11:04pm.

It primary depends on how much funds you have in your paypal account. If you have enough funds to cover a license, and would not have to resort to an echeck, it should technically be instant.

You do not get to choose a password. The username and password is a random 12 digit string generated at random through a special algorithum.

ie: 3t9y8evruBi0

As for templates, check out http://www.vbulletintemplates.com, soon to be http://www.vbulletin.org
    Template creation is relatively intuitative so you can actually create them in your sleep.

magic_quotes_gpc doesn't really matter. vB can run with it or without it, from what I read.

As for the database conflicts script, you don't need to worry about it. It was merely for previous vB owners to test out whether they would experience conflicts in the database from hacks that were installed.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Thanks Josh

Comment

oh also, one more question:

Do you have to enter a code when installing vb if so where do you get this code from.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Bandic00t
          oh also, one more question:

Do you have to enter a code when installing vb if so where do you get this code from.

Cheers
          when you buy vbulletin you receive this code in email which you used to buy
          TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin forum software.

1. As soon as i pay via paypal with my "funds" not creditcard, will i get my customer id and password e-mailed to me straight away or will i need to wait.
            Yes, when using the instant funds from PayPal is the fastest payment method at this moment. I purchased a bunch of licenses through PayPal and all was done within 10 minutes.

2. Do we get to choose our password - because doing so makes if feel like the account belongs to me.
            No, sorry. For security reasons we select which customer details you use. These are randomly generated numbers and letters and very unique to your account, and so is your license number per instance of vBulletin. The account should feel it belongs to you, once logged in your licensed domain name is listed and your name.

3. Is there a place where you can get "free" high quality templates or is there a place to teach you how to make your own template.
            You can use the support forums to ask any template related question in order to customize your style. We also offer various styles donated by staff and customers.

4. I ran vb_test.php to test my host, everything passed except for this: magic_quotes_gpc should be off for optimal performance, ask your host to change this in php.ini. Will this cause any problems, or any hassels, or should i not worry about it.
            No, as it says, it will be nice if it is turned on for optimal performance. But it is not required. Actually, my own web site runs with it turned off and I have no issues what so ever.

5. I got this error when i ran the database_conflicts.php:

Warning: main(./global.php3): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/nzfiles/public_html/database_conflicts.php on line 5

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './global.php3' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/nzfiles/public_html/database_conflicts.php on line 5

What does it mean?
            That means that you should not run the file.
            That file (to my understanding) is to see if you can upgrade from version 2 to 3 without much problems. You do not have a license (yet) and therefor can't have version 2 installed, and that file can't be fun. You can ignore it.

6. Do you have to enter a code when installing vb if so where do you get this code from.
            Yes, each customer has one or more licenses. One license per instance and during installation you have to enter your customer number.

We are looking forward to your purchase.

Let me know if you require any further assistance.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X