Ready to Buy, Have test_vb Glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to Buy, Have test_vb Glitch

Before buying several vBulletin licenses, I decided to test the test_vb.php file on my Win2003 server in my home office. I entered the following:

MySQL Server: localhost
    MySQL Database: test
    MySQL Username: sfarson
    MySQL Password : *****

The test database is a small sample database with a table (called nameage) with two records and two fields. I created user 'sfarson' with all privileges on this database and have confirmed there is a "Y" for every privilege field by looking at the mysql.user table.

When I execute the test, everything passes but the MYSQL line saying "Fail". All the MySQL permision fields Pass, but I get the following error message at the top:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\vb_test.php on line 113

and when I click the "Fail" link I get the following message:

vBulletin requires that the mysql username has create, select, update, insert, delete, alter and drop privledges, contact your host and ask them to adjust these privledges.

But I have granted these permissions to user sfarson. Can someone get me through this so I can buy vBulletin?

Thanks,

Steve

What version of MySQL are you running?
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Version 4.1.7-nt

PHP 4.3.8

Browsing a db forum with the error message I was getting, I found a solution by entering the command...

SET PASSWORD FOR 'user'@'host' = OLD_PASSWORD('password');

This cured the problem. VB_TEST worked fine. A question I have before I buy... will this be an issue for the users that join my vBulletin forum or should things be fine as long as I as the only administrator can use this command on my account.

Comment

This only affects the MySQL User... When people register with your site, they will be vBulletin users and subject to vBulletin's password verification.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Also note that there is a bug in MySQL 4.1.7 concerning HEAP tables:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs....iew&bugid=3495
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The bug is fixed in the upcoming 4.1.8 release and there is a workaround in the bug thread here.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X