Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installation: vBulletin - $135; Invision Board - $0 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation: vBulletin - $135; Invision Board - $0 ?

Hi -
    I have a question...
    Why doesn't vBulletin offer FREE installation of its software alike Invision Board?

We have not in the past

It is very very simple to install vBulletin, all it requires is to upload a few files, create a database, edit one file, and click some buttons

If you are unable to install your board on your own we will do our best to assit you with the instaltion

Comment

i dont want to bash IPB BUT i have never had any good support through them. the support here is perfect IMHO

Comment

In 4 years, we have never raised a single price. All prices are the same as when we started. What other commercial competitors can make that claim?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          In 4 years, we have never raised a single price. All prices are the same as when we started. What other commercial competitors can make that claim?
          I have to agree with you there. I have been using IPB (just about to buy VB tonight) and they made you do all the testing and saying they weren't making IPB 2.0 pay only but they did. With friends i have who used VB said they never do anything like that and also the IPB members are horrible they never help you, but here i got an answer in like 5 - 10 mins which i was extremely happy with

Comment

Originally posted by asianinvasion
            Hi -
            I have a question...
            Why doesn't vBulletin offer FREE installation of its software alike Invision Board?
            IPS isn't Jelsoft. They set their own price to a service or product, just like we go.

For example, we offer a professional installation / upgrade service done by trained staff, for an additional fee.

For example, we offer professional support, done by trained staff, for no additional fee.

If IPS decides to do something like this differently, so be it.

Comment

I have been using phpBB and IPB for long time..

there is no other forum like vbulletin... believe me
              StylWolny.pl - Polskie Forum Dyskusyjne | guziki wieszaki producent - Bonetti.pl
              Join Tattoo Group Now

Comment

As Zack stated, if you have trouble with the installation, they will assist you with such. Even if you need further help, I am sure you can find another person around the community to assist you with the installation as needed. I would even be willing to help you with the installation if you so require it.

The installation process really is as simple as creating a database in MySQL and filling in the information in the config.php file, from there you run the install.php file and it will guide you through the rest of what needs to be done (basically just a few clicks and setting up and administrator account).

Support is top-notch here and has gotten even better with the previous staff hirings, so you really can't beat the support. I've never had a problem they've not been able to fix and I don't forsee one that they will not be able to in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Anime
                  i dont want to bash IPB BUT i have never had any good support through them. the support here is perfect IMHO
                  I have to say that this phrase was the one that made me decide to buy Vbulletin . I bought my license this morning.

Comment

Welcome to the community Aero

Comment

Originally posted by aero1405
                      I have to say that this phrase was the one that made me decide to buy Vbulletin . I bought my license this morning.

oh wow thanks and welcome aboard matee

(you can take the man ou tof the ocean but you cant take the ocean ou tof the man)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X