Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading from 1 year to owned license possible ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from 1 year to owned license possible ?

I am looking at purchasing a copy of vBulletin for my development site for a programming project I and a few friends are working on.

The main focus of this would be posting latest source code builds for other developers. I tried phpBB2 but found it could not handle file attachments without hacks.

I am considering vBulleting but due to been a student it's on the expensive side.

So if I paid for a 1 year license, can I later during the year in a few months upgrade too and owned license if I decide I'd like too vBulletin, and if so what sort of price would we be talking about ?

You can upgrade to an owned within the first 30 days and pay the difference between them I believe, though after 30 days it is full price for an owned license.

Comment

Ouch !

Whilst 30 days is probably enough to decide, it's an awefully short period of time to get the funds together.

Comment

Its worth it

Comment

Its totally worth it, I moved over from ubb 4+ years ago and haven't looked back, I have 3 owned licences now. Saving up for 4th and 5th soon.
          Robert - Music is my caffeine!

Comment

It's well worth it. I use "leased" licenses for sites I'm not entirely sure about. You don't [after all] want to buy an "owned" license for a site that collapses within a year. I usually start the vB up and evaluate things at around the 25th day.

Comment

The owned license is good for life, if the site fails you still have the license.

Comment

I am going to buy a full license soon, but I am also planning on keeping my leased license as long as I can. Maybe give it to a friend.

Comment

On the owned licence do you get access to new updates ... etc free?

Comment

Yes, for the first year. Then you pay a fee yearly to keep that ability.

Comment

i think the pay per year fee is a really good thing since vbulletin will always have enough funds to release more great products
                      http://whatpulse.bounceme.net/sig/zen.png

Comment

Originally posted by James Kojiro
                        I am going to buy a full license soon, but I am also planning on keeping my leased license as long as I can. Maybe give it to a friend.
                        you could just upgrade you leased licence on day 28

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X