X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin F
    replied
    Originally posted by SeanThomps
    ok the import has no chance, but can installing vbulletin do anything to my invisionboard?
    The Import tool is probably what you want, as that allows you to keep your old users/posts/threads.

A new installation would leave you with a blank board, meaning you'd have lost all your users/posts/threads.

During an import, none of the data from your IPB will be changed, it will only be read and copied into the new database tables.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What do you mean 'the import has no chance'?

You can install vB without it affecting your IPB board in any way.

Leave a comment:

• SeanThomps
    replied
    ok the import has no chance, but can installing vbulletin do anything to my invisionboard?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The import does not touch the IPB database so there is no chance that it will hurt it. However, the only reliable method of backing up a MySQL database is with shell access via telnet or ssh. Please see the instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...nce_ssh_backup

Leave a comment:

• Question on backing up invisionboard for move to vbulletin

Hello all,

Today someone is buying me a vbulletin (in return for advertising), and I want to back up my SQL just in case this transition does not go smooth.

Does anyone have experience with invisionboard? Is there a way I can do it from the Admin panel? I have version 1.3.

I basically want to keep my invisionboard up and running, and put the vbulletin in a subfolder until importing and customization are complete.

Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X