Email Digest or Subscription feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Digest or Subscription feature

Does VBulletin have a way that a user could register, then select to subscribe to one or more forums via email. Rather than go to the site and look at the forums, they could get an email of every new posting to the forums they are interested in.

I am a subscriber to a simple email list with over 2,000 subscribers. It might be better as a web based bulletin board, except that some subscribers do not have web access, just text based email.

Not every new post, but you can subscribe to a forum and get a daily digest. You cna try it out with these forums.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

But then the email people can't contribute.

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Not every new post, but you can subscribe to a forum and get a daily digest. You can try it out with these forums.
      But then the email people can't contribute.

I think there is some significant demand for the ability of one forum or subforum to function as a email list serv. like mailman or listserv. This might be a great way to baby step transition an email group to vbulletin.

Comment

There has been some call for this, but honestly it's far from a significant demand. I'm sure the Devs will consider it for the future.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X