No announcement yet.

before I buy multiple licenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry but I don't know how to do what you are asking.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I want to use one install of VB on my server. I want to use it on multiple sites, but have their header at the top, and side bars and footer and their stylesheet, but I want to mask the domains so that it appears to be on their server, but is really on mine.

Licensing wouldn't be an issue. If I can do this, I'll buy one license for each site I put it on.

So if you are on my site, you'd go to www.ultimatenurse.com/vb/forums and there is the forum with my header/footer/style
      if you are on www.nurses-forum.com and you click "forums" it takes you to http://forums.nurses-forum.com and the forum shows up with their style, header, footer, but it really resides on MY server. Their subdomain points to an IP on my site where their forum resides, but their visitors don't know it's on my server.

This would allow me to use reviewpost and photopost with their sites as well, since the images are hosted locally, but will now be on my server so they'll show up.

It also allows me to have total control over the forums, and not have an outside server connecting to my mysql db.

Can this be done?
      Sports Betting
      Nursing Jobs
      Fish Finders

Comment

This requires modifying the code. Once you are a customer you can try asking for help with this over at vbulletin.org. It would also require multiple licenses as discussed earlier.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X