Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search function doesnot work with Japanese languages

Hi,

I intend to buy another vbbulletin to o pen o forum in Japanese languages. However, I tested and knew that the search engine of vbulletine doesnt work with Japanese languages.
    Is there any way to solve this problem ? Or Vbulletine just works with English languages ?

did you look at www.google.co.jp
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Thanks for you reply and sorry for my bad explaination. What I meant is that when change the languages of Vbulletin in to Japanese, the search function does not works. Please take a look at
      http://sb.xrea.com/
      http://shizen-ikuji.jp/

where Japanese languages are used . I tried to pick a word in the forum and did a search but the search result said that no thing is match !

Comment

they look like the work...
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
          What do you mean ? Where is the vbulletin team? I want the offical reply from vbulletin team !

Comment

best to open a sales ticket.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
              did u try in 日本語 ?

Comment

I am experiencing the exactly same problem but it seems you fixed your site alright. How did you fix it?

Regards

Takao

Comment

Tako + lovevn, I think you can apply the same hack which enables searches in Chinese text. It's just a small hack and its provided freely for licensed users (on vbulletin-chinese.com). I can retrieve it for you once you confirm license status by posting in the support forums requesting for it.
                  Best Regards,
                  Andy Huang

Comment

There's quite a difference between chinese and japanese...

Comment

The hack alters the table to preform binary search (two bytes character) which is the same technique to display Japanese and Chinese.
                      Best Regards,
                      Andy Huang

Comment

Originally posted by Alfarin
                        Tako + lovevn, I think you can apply the same hack which enables searches in Chinese text. It's just a small hack and its provided freely for licensed users (on vbulletin-chinese.com). I can retrieve it for you once you confirm license status by posting in the support forums requesting for it.
                        Thanks for you reply!
                        Where do you want me to post?Okey I will do it now! I have post it at

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...058#post924058
                        Last edited by lovevn; Sun 24th Jul '05, 6:25am.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfarin
                          Alfarin:

I've posted in the priority support forum to request it. Now where do I go to get it? I'm confused. I followed lovevn's link, but I don't see the hack. Looks as though s/he and I are trying to get the same thing.

Thanks,

John

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X