Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about purchasing but need info

Hi,

i have just joined on to help out a cvery large and high traffic website. They currently run phpbb2, which for all intensive purposes works fine. However,
    Every day at about 3pm and later into the night the traffic starts to increase to the point of having about 100 + users online at anyone time. At this point phpbb2 fails with critical errors because it can not handle the amount of requests going to the database.

Will vbulletin be able to had extremely intense traffic, and to what extent has it been tested. Has the software been tested with 100+ users sending constant requests?

How many requests per page are sent to the database?

regards
    AE

Originally posted by Alternate Eagle
    Hi,

i have just joined on to help out a cvery large and high traffic website. They currently run phpbb2, which for all intensive purposes works fine. However,
    Every day at about 3pm and later into the night the traffic starts to increase to the point of having about 100 + users online at anyone time. At this point phpbb2 fails with critical errors because it can not handle the amount of requests going to the database.

Will vbulletin be able to had extremely intense traffic, and to what extent has it been tested. Has the software been tested with 100+ users sending constant requests?

How many requests per page are sent to the database?

regards
    AE
    While I can't help with the requests part... But yeah, vB has stood the test of load... see - http://www.big-boards.com/index.php?type=vBulletin to see the big sites and the load they handle!!!
    =)

Comment

Working...
    X