Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandwidth differerences

Hi all,

Whilst im already an owner of a vb licence the forum i now run has sadly closed down (cue violins etc)

But a friend of mine and a forum im a moderator on about my local ice hockey team is using an excessive amount of bandwidth (just over 20gb a month). The site has a few images but none being huge, were talking a couple of 1mb files and is not overly popular (Our members have made a total of 4165 posts We have 930 registered members since 9th April 2003).

I want him to convert his forum (IB 1.3.1) to use my vb licence on my hosting, as i am sure i can drastically cut the bandwidth charges down - Have you any idea 'roughly' how much bandwidfth i should expect to use running the forum on vbulletin as aposed to IB?

I think i can persuade him to convert if i promise to save him some money

This would be nothing but a guess. There are no official benchmarks done between the two forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
      This would be nothing but a guess. There are no official benchmarks done between the two forums.
      Thats finem, guesses / opinions are great - i appreciate that the only way to know would be to definately go ahead and do it but i need to persuade him first!

Comment

Personal comment: I think you can gain at least 30% if you go through all the vBulletin options.

Comment

Thanks Floris, at lleast i have a ball park to go to him with

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X