This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Driving the software......

I am trying out the admin demo. I currently run PhPBB & everything VB has is an add on mod for phpbb. I think adding on a mod is a crock. Free or not, I want the full deal. I aint none too smart & dem mods are hard to get on.

Only thing about VB is I have so few users I am not sure I want to invest the 160.00.
    I live in a low income county & have been giving them a FREE website for 3 years. I pay for all of it every month. Buying VB will add to my spending. I am mainly just throwing this out to get it off my chest. Hoping I may see a reply that could help me out.

I wish I could use VB on my site for like 30-45 days & see what kind of response I get from my users. I also want to see how easy/difficult the pages are to edit myself. To edit phpbb's overall head or foot, I just use my trusty frontpage & edit away the .tpl files. I do not know if VB uses editable .tpl files.

*Themes/Skins.
    I am hoping there is a theme that will match what I use with Phpbb. Please post places to view VB skins.

Thanks
    BILL

There are some styles available here

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=95

You need to be licenced to download them but a number have live links to sites where they are running on.

vB doesn't use .tpl files everything is integrated making it much easier to use. In your admin demo go into the admin control panel and then Styles and Templates > Style Manager > <<>> and this lists all the templates. You just edit the ones you want directly in there, click save and that's it done.

If you are not 100% sure about it then go for the $85.00 leased licence version. If within the first 30 days you decide that yes you want vB forever then you can upgrade to an owned licence for just $85.00 (total $170.00) or you can run it for the whole 12 months and make your decision at the end of that time.

The style manager is very easy to use so even if there isn't a theme similar to your current phpbb one then I am sure that you can either put it together yourself or someone will help you do this.
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

I looked in the admin panel & see no way to insert a banner.

Like if I wanted to offer a sponsor a banner ad. I edited my phpbb overall header & added the image in.

Also, visit www.gcindiana.info/forum That is the PhPBB skin I would like to have matched if I get VB.

Comment

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Click on << >> > Find the header template and click on edit or double click.

You can add any html that you want, but not php

Comment

Originally posted by peterska2

If you are not 100% sure about it then go for the $85.00 leased licence version. If within the first 30 days you decide that yes you want vB forever then you can upgrade to an owned licence for just $85.00 (total $170.00) or you can run it for the whole 12 months and make your decision at the end of that time.

If I buy the $85 for one year, and then want to won it at the end, do i just pay another $160 and own it?
          http://webdirectoryforums.com - Web Directory Forums - Coming soon!
          http://linkageplus.com - PR5

Comment

you would have to pay the $160 if at any time after the first 30 says you decided that you wanted to own it.
            Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

i love to skin my sites FoRumZ. it is so easy to do click a few files edit them click save and poof your done.

i did one skin took about 20 minuites to get the colors done. http://ForumZ.AnimeRealmZ.org choose the Black&Gold skin from the drop down menu at the bottom i gave guests that ability.

Comment

Copyright removal?

After paying to remove the copyrights, do you get a simple removal tool or have to remove it manually?
                Manually is probably beyond my capability. I am of a feeble mind & less ability.

Comment

It is not nessary to purchase, but it is not hard to have it removed, if you create a ticket in the members area after you purchase the license they should be able to give you a full walk though

Comment

1. The scrambled code. I enabled the registrant to have to retype the code during registration & it does NOT show up. Nor does the Paid subscription option seem to work either.

2. What is the easiest way to REMOVE/delete a member?

3. Also, easiest way to remove a POST &/or a Thread?

In the other software I am used to, I can do what I need to with posts & threads with buttons at the bottom of the page.

Removing a member, I use adminpanel & type in their name & there is an option to remove them.

Comment

1) Not sure what you mean by scrambled code here.

2) In the AdminCP there is functionality to delete a member and purge their posts.

3) All the buttons you are referring to are on the Thread Tools menu at the top of each thread. For deleting a single post, simply click on the "Edit" button within each post. You will only see the tools though if you have permission to use them.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

1. I resolved the retype code.
                        1b. I still am UNable to make the PayPal subscription thing work.

Comment

Banner width?

I added my banner by naming it the name of the default banner. It was not quite wide enough. What width do I need to make the banner fill the width?

Comment

The forums have a dnymaic width by default.

I am not sure if you can make paypal subscriptions work on our test server.

Comment

Dynamic?

That is a term in which I am NOT familliar.
                              I get a feeling editing the code is beyond my limited abilities.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X