Purchasing a license for an illegal copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing a license for an illegal copy

Hello. I unfortunately have an unregistered copy and want to register it (I want to get an Owner's license). I am running a non-profit organization and very much want to follow all legal aspects. I apologize for this, just call me a victim of bad information. Please advise!

i would email vb support and report who you got the copy from.

next uninstall your current copy.

then get the owned licence and install the registered copy

Comment

Purchase a license, upload the files from the members area over all your files that are currently on the host, report the link to wherever you got the illegal version from here

Comment

Originally posted by Steebo
        Hello. I unfortunately have an unregistered copy and want to register it (I want to get an Owner's license). I am running a non-profit organization and very much want to follow all legal aspects. I apologize for this, just call me a victim of bad information. Please advise!
        Thank you for your anti-piracy report and good to hear you want to replace the current set of files with your future personal set of files. You can order vBulletin here: http://www.vBulletin.com/order/

Comment

best of luck to you w/ your legal vB you are going to get
          http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have received notification that my PayPal account has transferred the funds. Now I'm eagerly anticipating getting my copy of the files. I do have one quick question. Once I install this over the existing bad copy, will my existing data and forums still display? I have A LOT of forums and threads going and would obviously like to preserve this. I figure the actual data won't be affected since that is in a MySql database, but I'm not sure about the forum structure itself. Please advise.

Thanks for your help and again I'm sorry about the illegal copy, but hey at least I'm honest and willing to make ammends!!!

Comment

Your data should be just fine assuming your pirated copy isn't significantly modified (beside the typical call-home removal).

Comment

Just make sure you put the correct database information in the includes/config.php file so it knows how to connect to your database.
                Last edited by cybermomcafe; Tue 9th Nov '04, 5:48am.

Comment

Steebo, how about waiting for your license to come through, and then get vB support on these forums. You do need to be a licensed customer and need to register for Priority Forum Support. To do that, please go here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/me...rt_priority.php

Then you can post a question in the How Do I section and this way you can get the "right" instructions on how to make your board legit
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Ok, great! Thanks for the info. I will definitely do that!

Comment

For example, I've got vBulletin 3.0.1 illegally on my site and I want to have a license. After having license, may I upgrade it to 3.0.3 and continue using it? This should have an exception I think, my license date starts on the date which I setup my illegal copy of vBulletin.

Is it possible or not?
                      Aure entuluva!

http://www.dipsizkuyu.net - Turkey's fountain of knowledge.

Comment

Your license date when you purchase your license will start after you have paid for it.

Yes you could purchase vBulletin today and upgrade tomorow and be legal.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X