New to VB soon ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to VB soon ....

I hope I post this in the right forum. ( I couldn't find that many where i was allowed ).

Whatever ...

I have as good as decided to install VB but i have ONE major thing that I would like to have clarified before making the buy.

Is/how do i import all my posts, users, attatchments aso...... from my current board. I'm running IPB 2.0 PF4 atm... and the reason i'm changing is that i'm fed up with all the sql errors.

I have done some research and VB has allways gotten a good rep around.

But since i have a board with not that many members (~450) and like 100k posts and ~30k attatchments. I would like to have them imported in to VB as well.

Thankfull for answer and sorry for my english... (I'm a swede... )

//LeeMan
    My Forum

In the beginning there was nothing,
    which exploded .............

Hello LeeMan,

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin forum software.

You can find support for the Impex software from vBulletin here: vBulletin 3 Import System after you purchased your license (or use the support ticket system). Impex stands for 'import / export system' and that is an inhouse unique developed core system that comes with scripts to convert data over from third party software to vBulletin. Like IPB, phpBB, etc. The status of these scripts can be found here: Sticky: Status.

A detailed post about ipb2 is here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=22

Good luck with the import and if you need help with it let us know, we provide you with the scripts and free support in case you run into issues.

We are looking forward to your convert and your purchase.

Comment

Thank you for the answer.

One question thou...

It says that it will import the posts and SHOW IP's....

Hope that only mod's and admins can see the IP adresses ... Since my board contains quite alott of "tr00ls" so i wouldn't like that everyone can see eachothers IP's after a upgrade.

And once again sorry if this is the wrong forum.

//LeeMan
      My Forum

In the beginning there was nothing,
      which exploded .............

Comment

You can set how to show the IPs in vBulletin.

(don't log ips)
        (log, but only visible to staff)
        (log, visible to all)

After the import, before opening your site again, and after the counter updates to recount threads & forum info, you can go through the vBulletin options.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X