Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Anime
    replied
    the catagorising comes form the forums you make you could just leave the single default forum the board comes with and put all threads in that. problem is its gunna get crowded and fast on a popular site.

so you would have Default_Catagory--->topic 1

topic 2

and so on

Leave a comment:

• AdamStone
    replied
    Wow, you guys are awesome - that was so fast. Thanks!

In other words you want vBulletin 1.0.
    Yeah, the reason I want my own bb is I'm sick of all the useless visual noise on the ones I currently frequent. There are 5000 features and miles of text splattered all over the place, when all anybody ever really uses is a few buttons and links.

Leave a comment:

• AdamStone
    replied
    Thanks, I'll look into Phorum.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    In other words you want vBulletin 1.0.

Sure you can make all these modifications to vB3 to strip it down, but it will be a nightmare to update to the next version.
    Last edited by feldon23; Wed 27 Oct '04, 2:29pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Well only if you linked to a specific forum from the rest of your site. vBulletin wasn't designed to present a single catch-all forum.

Leave a comment:

• AdamStone
    replied
    Thanks!

Sorry for the ambiguity. What I meant was I don't want my forum to be categorized. For instance, this thread is categorized as: vBulletin Community Forum > vBulletin Sales > vBulletin Pre-Sales Questions > I'm Picky. On my site, I would want it to be: I'm Picky. No categories / forums, just a list of threads on the front page. Is that doable?

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you want it that simple then converting vBulletin to your needs will be a lot of work. I suggest you look into a solution called Phorum.

vBulletin can configured to fit anyone's needs but for your needs there would be a lot of work.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Yes you can remove those simply with easy template edits.

I'm not quite sure what your second one means though.

I'm pretty sure you can turn off the hot threads feature if not then It surely should be an easy coding modifaction.

Leave a comment:

• AdamStone
    started a topic I'm picky

I'm picky

If it's not too much trouble, there are a few things I'd like to make sure I can do before buying:

I want to be able to remove just about anything. I'm very big on simplicity. I don't want a FAQ, member list, calendar, today's posts, forum statistics, birthdays, quick style chooser, forum tools (subscribe, view parent forum), forum jump, display options, thread tools (printable version, email this page), rate thread, display modes (linear, hybrid), similar threads box, post icons (smily faces, thumbs up/down, !, ?), polls, or posting rules box.

Also, instead of a topic list on my front page, I just want a list of threads - ie. no topic list at all, just one "topic".

Finally, it would be nice if I could configure the thread icons so that there are just "new post threads" vs. "no new post threads" - no hot threads, locked threads, etc.

Thanks so much