Sponsor ads and Google Adsense info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsor ads and Google Adsense info

How do you set up the VBulletin forums so that a sponsor can register and purchase ad space and then have their ad space rotate throughout the forums, then later if the sponsor wanted they can log onto their sponsor account and view the statistics of their banner? Is their a mod or software for this?

How much do people actually make from using Google Adsense on their site? I've heard people making pretty good money but is it really that good?

You can make more money from paying customers paying for ads on your site, Google doesnt pay that well.

Comment

If you want an automated ad system like that, you'll need to ask over on vbulletin.org because it will require a hack...

As for Google Adsense, the amounts vary depending on lots of factors. Google's license prevents any of us from discussing that, though.
      vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanic
        How do you set up the VBulletin forums so that a sponsor can register and purchase ad space and then have their ad space rotate throughout the forums, then later if the sponsor wanted they can log onto their sponsor account and view the statistics of their banner? Is their a mod or software for this?

How much do people actually make from using Google Adsense on their site? I've heard people making pretty good money but is it really that good?

You can use a free (and good) bit of software called phpAdsNew

That will manage all the rotating and signups etc.

All you then need to do is create an 'ad campaign' and let phpadsnew generate the display code - which you then insert in your template where you want that ad to display.

Comment

yep phpadsnew works great with vbulletin

We don't make mutch with google adsense or similar programs, something like 30$-40$ per month max

We have 4-5 sponsors, who bring in 50$ each per month, you can have banner rotation and different places on your board to put other ads.
          Last edited by dutchbb; Tue 23 Nov '04, 5:59am.

Comment

I have made it so that only guests have to see Google AdWords, not members
            PHP Code:
            <if condition="$bbuserinfo['userid'] == 0">
            <!-- 
            Google AdWords Code Here -->
            <
            a href="http://forums.kyletech.us/register.php">Registered members never see Google AdWords</a></if> 
            I don't know if guests can see code here so I will use the honour system.

Comment