Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Vbulletin compare to Invision Power Web?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Vbulletin compare to Invision Power Web?

One of the reasons I'm intrested in IPB and Vbulletin is that they feature actual customer support and I just feel that their more up to date on security. But what makes Vbulletin stand out from IPB?
    Last edited by Spartanic; Mon 25th Oct '04, 4:49pm.

I don't want to sound rude or anything, but there has been a massive flux of IPB Customers moving to vBulletin.

You could try a quick search and you should be able to find many testimonials from IPB customers leaving the IPB community in favor of vBulletin.

Whatever your decision will be between IPB and vB, I wish you all the best on your decision
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I used to own a 1 yr IPB license before IPB went to fully pay... I wasnt really happy w/ IPB 2.0 because of too many bugs! i kept having to re-install IPB.

I have not re-installed vb once and i have not had any problems w/ it so far... and... ya free support is a HUGE +!!!

Also the price is great especially when you look at IPB. For unlimited use its $200 for IPB!!!! and its not even that stable! and then there is VBulletin. Extremely stable, easy to use, very useful features, etc... $160!!!! $40 cheaper for something better!

if i were you i would go w/ vbulletin
      http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

Comment

These kinds of questions get biased answers. It's hard to know about customer support and such without buying into it. So you'll probably just stick with the one you buy.
        Last edited by Phrozen212; Mon 25th Oct '04, 8:14pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrozen212
          These kinds of questions get biased answers. It's hard to know about customer support and such without buying into it. So you'll probably just stick with the one you buy.
          The same can be said of your statement as well.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Both software titles have Pro's and Con's. My best bet would be a Search Engine to find more opinions regarding this
            @[email protected]

Comment

i moved from ipb, mainly because the way the treat people, especially the ones who haven't bought a licences (sp?). they change there minds like they change there underwear, well they might not change there underwear that often. yes i'm a little mad at them so this is kinda biased. don't get me wrong i followed matt's software since ikonboard 2.19 (i think that was the version) i just think ipb started seeing to many $$. but i had never tried vb so i came over here and saw all the ipb customers moving over here, so i thought i'd try it. now i just wish i would have done it sooner.

to get back on topic, both pieces of software are good. i am still learning vb, since i had never used it before. it seems to be more configurable, to me it just seems like there is more options, or just more controll over the board. i didn't think so when i was using ipb but now it just seems like ipb is "dumbed" down (i'm not calling anybody dumb that uses ipb). i hope you understand what i'm trying to say and i didn't jumble it up to bad.

Nutt
              Quiet brain or i'll stab you with q-tip! - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X