Few Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Questions

I'm considering changing my forum software from Invision 1.3 to vBulletin, now I need to know:
    Can I move my current database of 1600-odd members from Invision 1.3 over to vBulletin including posts, members and passwords etc.?

Also, how easy is vB to skin? Or am I in for a hefty task of skinning it?

Thanks!

Here is the status of the IPB 1.x importers http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...17&postcount=4

I would say vBulletin is far easier to skin than IPB 2, and to be honest for the short time i helped with an IPB board for a game i played i never figured out where the templates were to be changed..

Comment

Ahh cool, the import looks like its just what I need
      And I get whatcha mean about Invision skinning, but I've managed a few nice skins with that in the past so I think I'll cope fine with vB.

Thanks for the help!
      Any more skinning testimony would be great too

Comment

If you want to give the style manager a test run

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php

Comment

After having a quick look through that - it seems almost anyone could skin for this

Okay I think you guys have a new customer

Comment

and thats the way it should be no? ^^

Comment

I'm a complete dunce at this sort of thing and have now got a total of 11 skins, some self created, some imported and adapted.

IPB's skinning has always baffled me to be honest. It's a wholly inferior product in every way, from the support to the actual software. Sorry, don't mean to ignite another vb/IPB thread but that's my personal experience and nothing else. There are free solutions that are better than IPB, to be quite frank.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.0 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X