Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help need - converter & final details

sir,

I have decided now to move into V-Bulletin with in a week..

So I want these things clarified soon..

1. I am using phpbb 2.x. So I heard I will be getting a converter can ur officers convert the files for me or I have to convert myself.

2. Since I am new at V-Bulletin I may have too many doubts so is it possible for clearing to my points...

3. Is there any support section for V-Bulletin to clear my doubts.

4. I want a Owned license I beleive it's $160 isn't it..Which is the safer place to buy it...

5. As there are Mods in phpbb are there any in V-Bulletin. Which if I don't have any knowledge I can get ur officers to do it for me...

6. How must be the payment done..If it is compulsory thro' Pay Pal I don't have an account over there...

If u clarify soon it will be lot good to me..

Thanking u,
    Pavan Kumar (http://dhoom.pavanserver.com)

1. Yes, we have an import script for phpBB. You can read about it here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...06&postcount=2

This script is free for customers.

2. Not sure what the question is.

3. These forums are for support as is our official support system. Both are free. We also have optional telephone support available beginning at $60/mo.

4. The only safe way to buy a vB license is directly from us:

http://www.vbulletin.com/order/

5. I'm not familiar with mods for phpBB. The main hacking site for vB is: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/

6. You can pay with credit card (both WorldPay and PayPal), a PayPal account, check, or wire transfer.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

sir I came to know it's free...that the import script is free....but I want to know whether ur officers can do the importing work for me...
      As I am very weak at this level.. of php language...

The second doubt was the related thing to Admin Panel..If I have doubts wat will do wat...

In the last point u said u would accept Credit Card..But I saw in announcements that ur World Pay is down so all must pay thro' only Pay Pal..

Comment

1. We currently do not have an import service available but we do provide help ands support if you need it.

2. We do have a live demo of vB3, including full access to the admin control panel. You can set one up for your own use from this page:

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php

3. WorldPay is not down anymore. That is old news.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

sir wat is the score option in the Admin Panel
          it comes under Message, Searches & Revealing options..

Comment

Basically that just allows you to finetune how the search function works and how the results are returned. I don't know of anyone that has ever had a reason to change the default settings.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

thx! for the help sir..
              I will surely need ur help while changing the script.....

I will buy VB in a couple of days time. So I will have lot of doubts at that time..

Comment

Originally posted by secret1980
                thx! for the help sir..
                I will surely need ur help while changing the script.....

I will buy VB in a couple of days time. So I will have lot of doubts at that time..
                if you need any help at all, im sure Steve has a lot of other problems to deal with, so just PM me, and i will help ya

*Edit for Steve* or there is 7,000 people out there that can help you as well hehe
                Last edited by vbcore; Fri 15th Oct '04, 7:50pm.

Comment

Steves not alone in it xplode There is the rest of the support staff here too

Comment

doubt in payment...

Installation - First Time - $135
                    Branding Free Option - $120

wat r these..
                    Can I know much about this,....

Is it necessary to have installation....
                    I heard we can make that ourselves with the help u good friends over here..

waiting for the responce

Thanking u,
                    Pavan Kumar

Comment

Both of those are optional. The first is if you want us to install the forums for you (most people install it themselves) and the second is if you want the right to remove this copyright notice from the bottom of the forum pages: