Questions about vb_test.php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about vb_test.php

I've run the script, and I see a failure in the essential vBulletin Requirements for the MySQL entry yet, according to the MySQL Permission Requirements section, all required rights show a pass. What's the issue? Will the software work as is, or do I need to sort something out?

thanx

leonr

What exactly is the error it returns to you, think you can paste it here?

Comment

Here's the error message

vBulletin requires that the mysql username has create, select, update, insert, delete, alter and drop privledges, contact your host and ask them to adjust these privledges.

and here's the overall page
      Essential vBulletin Requirements
      PHP 4.3.2 Pass
      MySQL Fail
      PCRE Pass
      magic_quotes_sybase Pass
      XML Pass

MySQL Permission Requirements
      create Pass
      alter Pass
      insert Pass
      update Pass
      select Pass
      delete Pass
      drop Pass

Recommended Settings
      open_basedir Pass
      safe_mode Pass
      GZIPFailFAIL
      magic_quotes_runtime Pass
      magic_quotes_gpc Pass
      GDFailFAIL
      Overall Result:Fail

Thanx

leonr

Comment

When you click on "MySQL Fail", does it tell you the error? Did you enter your MySQL information as per requested in the test script?

If you are on a cPanel box, that is usually <username>_DatabaseUser for MySQL user (YOU need to create it through cPanel yourself), and <username>_DatabaseName for MySQL database. Double check the values entered and try again.

If you are on your own server, head to http://www.mysql.com and download it to install on your server, it's free
        Best Regards,
        Andy Huang

Comment

Gzip and GD aren't required to have vBulletin operate properly.
          Gzip is used to compress the pages before outputting it to the end-user browsing the .php files. and GD is used to show thumbnails of attachments in posts.

Comment

Here's the specific error message I get when I click on the fail for MySQL

vBulletin requires that the mysql username has create, select, update, insert, delete, alter and drop privledges, contact your host and ask them to adjust these privledges

I have MySQL set up and running. If I change the dB/user info then I get the MySQL failure AND a failure for each permission in the box below. When I have the correct info then each of the individual permissions pass (See Above), but the overall MySQL shows as a failure

thanx

leonr

Comment

It's been a few days since I've gotten a reply. When running the vb_test.php script I get a MySQL failure in the essential requirements section, but the MySQL Permissions section shows all access types as passed. What's the deal? Will VB work or not?

thanx

leonr

Comment

unfortunately you will need all the permissions:

create, select, update, insert, delete, alter, drop.

Further more, I think the failure has to do with your MySQL version being too old.
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I think it has to do with the version as well.

What MySQL version do you use?

Comment

I seem to be running MySQL version 2.4.3

./mysqlcheck Ver 2.4.3 Distrib 4.0.16, for unknown-freebsd4.8 (i386)
                    ./mysqladmin Ver 8.40 Distrib 4.0.16, for unknown-freebsd4.8 on i386

What version should I be running?

thanx

leonr

Comment

You are running version 4.0.16 so that is sufficient.

The reason you get a fail message in general is most likely because of permissions. The user you enter probably has permissions to access the database that you entered but doesn't have general permissions to do anything outside that database. Hence when it checks for the version, it fails but when it runs the database specific tests, it passes.

You should have no problem running vBulletin.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Working...
                      X