Some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions

1) If I buy the one time lisense then can I put more than one forum on ONE domain? Can I on more than one domain?
    2) If I'm changing servers can I simply copy and paste all files to the new server ftp or does something special have to be done? How do I go about doing this?

A license (owners or leased) allows you to run one instance of the software, if you want to run more then one forum you have to purchase a license for the second (third, forth etc) forum.

When you change servers all you have to do is upload the files to the new server, and upload/restore a copy of your database (asuming it is begin moved aswell). If you switch domains you have to make sure you keep the link to your forum updated in the members area.

Comment

The actual data of your forum (except attachments) is entirely stored in a large MySQL database. You would use cpanel or other control panel software or SSH/Telnet to create and download a backup of your database so you can move to another server.

You are welcome to create subforums which have a different look-and-feel to your main forum. However you cannot create two separate forums with different sets of users with a single purchased license of vB.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X