Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Question.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another Question.

    I have someone who doesnt like me or my site and keeps comming around spamming, what are the Admin features that I get with VB to help me with this type of situation. I use a PHPBB Borad, are there any Admin features of VB that that differ or are better than phpbb?

    Thanks in advanced for any answers.

  • #2
    Originally posted by ZombieMatt
    I have someone who doesnt like me or my site and keeps comming around spamming, what are the Admin features that I get with VB to help me with this type of situation. I use a PHPBB Borad, are there any Admin features of VB that that differ or are better than phpbb?

    Thanks in advanced for any answers.
    if they have a statick IP (one that doesnt change) you can ban by their IP#

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for your quick post!

      Unfortunately for me he is on Dynamic.

      So VB and phpbb have the same options when it comes to baning users?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ZombieMatt
        Thanks for your quick post!

        Unfortunately for me he is on Dynamic.

        So VB and phpbb have the same options when it comes to baning users?
        there are othe roptions i am sure i just dont know them. if no other users use the same block of IP#'s im sure you can block a whole IP range. there may be other options i am just not YET aware of them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Ok thanks laot you have been really helpful.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ZombieMatt
            Ok thanks laot you have been really helpful.

            youre welcome.

            Comment


            • #7
              You can set all new registrations for approval, does that help?
              You can also put new registrants into a group that is moderated (each new post must be approved)
              Sorry, I don't know much about PHPBB's format, so I have no way to compare, but yes, you can slow them down through vBulletin... if nothing else, you can send them to "miserable user" purgatory ~~devil face~~ That's a hack over on vb.org, but very well received...

              Comment


              • #8
                Well the problem is not with vB or phpBB, it's just the way Internet works. If someone really wants to bypass a ban, they will... Of course you can use Maggie's recommendation..
                HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

                Comment


                • #9
                  Great thanks Maggie, I like the moderation thing, phpbb doenst come close to something like that, thanks everyone.
                  Last edited by ZombieMatt; Thu 14th Oct '04, 12:15pm. Reason: mispelled word

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Or use this option and make them talk to themselves!


                    Tachy Goes to Coventry
                    This option allows you to effectively add a user or users to every member's 'Ignore List'. However, users in this list can still see their own posts and threads...

                    Enter a list of userid numbers, separated by spaces (for example: 4 12 68 102).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by XDuncan
                      Or use this option and make them talk to themselves!
                      Even better! LOL thanks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        * Make users have to register to post.

                        * Turn on Promotions and make it so users must post 5 times before they can send a PM.

                        * Make it so users with <5 posts cannot start their own threads but can only reply to other threads.

                        Comment

                        widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X