wire transfer of money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    How does a wire transfer work? Your bank transfer the money directly into the account. If the bank will not allow you to send money outside of the United States and doesn't allow you to use your debit card for online purchases, you will either need to get a Paypal account or use a certified check to purchase vBulletin.

If using a certified check, simply take the money into your bank and purchase the check. There is usually a fee for this. Then mail the check to the address given for offline payment with your order number in the Memo field.

i went to the bank today to get some info they don't allow ANY pruchases in the UK by ANY method. paypal uses credit card info witch is my banks debit card so thats a no go so is wireing money and every option other than western unior or going to the UK to pay in cash.

i just though of something i know the sys admins of my server pretty well if they were to purchase vb and then transfer the licence would that be accaptable ? i mean assuming they go along with this.

Comment

i cant even ask them to purchase a copy of VB for me untill i get a reply to my last post.

Comment

i went to the bank today to get some info they don't allow ANY pruchases in the UK by ANY method.
        This sounds like total BS, what bank do you bank with? If you make a certified cheque, it shouldnt matter to whom it is addressed. In fact, why would they care. You just ask them to certify it, and you should be all set, then just send in the cheque...
        HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Anime
          i went to the bank today to get some info they don't allow ANY pruchases in the UK by ANY method. paypal uses credit card info witch is my banks debit card so thats a no go so is wireing money and every option other than western unior or going to the UK to pay in cash.

i just though of something i know the sys admins of my server pretty well if they were to purchase vb and then transfer the licence would that be accaptable ? i mean assuming they go along with this.
          They won't know where the money goes after you put the money from your bank account into the paypal account, which is a US based company.

Comment

You have a very restrictive bank account. If you still wanted to go the certified check route, you can purchase them at any bank even if you don't have an account there. I would recommend a large bank like Bank of America, Wells Fargo, or Citibank.

You can also purchase a money order at Western Union or the Post Office (not the international one, just a standard one) and they work just like checks.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

You have a very restrictive bank account. If you still wanted to go the certified check route, you can purchase them at any bank even if you don't have an account there. I would recommend a large bank like Bank of America, Wells Fargo, or Citibank.

You can also purchase a money order at Western Union or the Post Office (not the international one, just a standard one) and they work just like checks.

i am goint to look into paypal first but, i was wondering about some other person buying it for me and then do a transfer to my name and domain name

Comment

You can have another person purchase a license in your name. We have that happen on occasion for gifts and other reasons.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

You can have another person purchase a license in your name. We have that happen on occasion for gifts and other reasons.

thanks for the info

i just purchased through paypal but if i ever need anothe rlicence or know someone who might not have a credit card or something i can tell them there is still hope

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your help and the swift replies

Comment

Whohoo

i got my member info and my download of VB lol it took longer to get into my email than it did for anything else another happy lifetime member and licence holder

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X