X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• competitive advantage

I paid 85 dolars for the license which is nice,
    I agree you deserve this value,
    But my compitors are still using unlincesed vb and you guys dont do anything
    Their sites are hosted at US based servers, which i guess operate under US law,

I can understand you cant fight with russian web sites or international datacenters sometime but being on the same US based datacenter with unlicensed competitors sorry but is weird.
    I guess paying a price must give me some competitive advantage,
    if you guys can not handle the piracy stuff let someone else handle it,
    AM i stupid that at the same datacenter i will pay for you and my competitors wont.
    Fight against piracy both you guys win and those who pay for the license.
    My server is unplugged so many times just because i was not aware that my clients are using unlicensed softwware, so this is why i bought the license.

Fight with the piracy or if you dont dont put the piracy link on your web site,

I used that link so many times i wont give you these web site domains over here.

I have a board about the Xbox. My competitors also have the same concept. But me ending up paying for the license they dont.

Still waiting for further actions.

Edit: i was so angry that i wrote the amount wrong it wa 85 doalrs which i dont care wheter 80 or 85. My point is why dont you guys take further actions against piracy, you need help? I can fight with piracy just let me know what i should do.This is US and how come you cant do anything event the datacenter is in the US
    Last edited by vbulletintr; Sat 9 Oct '04, 9:59am.

Hi there,

If you paid just $80 instead of $85, you got yourself a nice little $5 discount
    If you indeed purchased a valid license please goto the members area and click on priority support. In the input field there, enter your email address with which you registered on these support forums. Then you show up as a licensed members. You currently do not.

If you suspect users to run vBulletin unlicensed please goto www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php - fight the competition legally if they aren't and in the long run your community will do so much better.

I am sorry if you reported your competition for piracy and they are still on-line. We do not have a magic button to take a site down. We can do as much as the law allows us and sometimes we can't do much. It is quite possible that your competition has been asked to either buy a license or take the site down. Maybe they purchased a license. Maybe they live in a country with laws that allow them to pirate software.

Comment

Cheapers never prosper...eventually they'll be taken down sooner or later...It is only a matter of "time"
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

if you know what host they are on report them to that host aswell if its in the US they will contact VB to inquire about their licence status then go from there. the host can track down the abusive user much easier than vb as the host will have to have valid contact info for the billing info for their account unless they stole that aswell in witch case if you are on the same server its time for a new host.

Comment

The very effective vBulletin anti piracy team contacts not only the site owner, but also the other parties involved, including the hosting company or data center where the servers are stored for the hosting company, .. until we find someone that is supporting anti-piracy.

Comment

good

Did you guys even look at what is posted through

http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

if so how long will it take to find out a UNlicensed board hosted at a US datacenter and take further actions?
            Last edited by vbulletintr; Sat 9 Oct '04, 10:03am.

Comment

The process works similar to this:
              You report link to Jelsoft
              Jelsoft checks database for license
              IF valid license PROCESS END
              IF invalid license
              Jelsoft Checks contact info for user, contacts user
              Checks contact info for host, contacts host
              Checks contact info for DC, contacts DC
              Checks contact info for ISP, contacts ISP

If even the ISP disregard the C&D letters; they have the right to take legal actions towards the individual, the host, the datacenter, and the ISP; however, if it's disregarded up to even the ISP level, the government might not entertain the complaint...

oodles and coodles.... lets just hope the server isn't located in some pathetic place like Mainland China where piracy is none existance because most majority of the population are either unaware they're on pirated software or intentionally using pirated software -.-"

The entire process takes anywhere from few days (user stops using the software or purchase a license) up to months (ISP disregard C&D)
              Last edited by Andy Huang; Sat 9 Oct '04, 11:39am.
              Best Regards,
              Andy Huang

Comment

Originally posted by Alfarin
                The process works similar to this:
                You report link to Jelsoft
                Jelsoft checks database for license
                IF valid license PROCESS END
                IF invalid license
                Jelsoft Checks contact info for user, contacts user
                Checks contact info for host, contacts host
                Checks contact info for DC, contacts DC
                Checks contact info for ISP, contacts ISP
                OT: jelsoft has a 3rd party that sends out the "piracy emails" to the user,host,dc,isp
                Originally Posted by Zachery
                John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
                We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

Russia and Russian users just plain do not care (and many cannot afford the software).

Comment

Not even a single improvement
                    I am so dump that i paid for a lincense
                    and my competitors are free riders and i cant even do anything

YOu want names:
                    I called you guys and emailed you,
                    I am not after their site i want to be competing at equal conditions

Me end up paying 85 dolars and others download SpyFixed version of everything and compete with me.

THATS NOT FAIR
                    Last edited by vbulletintr; Fri 15 Oct '04, 12:15pm.

Comment

Originally posted by vbulletintr
                      Not even a single improvement
                      I am so dump that i paid for a lincense
                      and my competitors are free riders and i cant even do anything

THATS NOT FAIR
                      Jelsoft dose all it can, but they can only do so much. I think everyone here agree's with you, piracy sucks, but it can't be stoped 100%.

Its good that you bought a license, by doing so you are supporting the developers/support crew.

Comment

My point is It is so abvious that they dont have a license and
                        Them loughing at me as if i am a stupid paid for the license and them using spufixed versions downloadded forum russian sites BUT
                        hosted at Ev1 or thepalnet or any US datacenter really drives me crasy

Comment

Originally posted by vbulletintr
                          My point is It is so abvious that they dont have a license and
                          Them loughing at me as if i am a stupid paid for the license and them using spufixed versions downloadded forum russian sites BUT
                          hosted at Ev1 or thepalnet or any US datacenter really drives me crasy
                          If they are hosted in the USA, they will probbly be delt with in time. Jelsoft always asks the admin to remove the board, if they don't then they request for the host to remove it, if that dose not happen they start contacting their data-link providers.

The process takes time.

Comment

Also really depends on who these sites are...

They may actually have licenses but it is not obvious to you. Or when contacted by us, they purchase a license and become legit.

It isn't like we have some magic switch to remove unlicensed vBulletins overnight. It takes time. Heck, since your first post it has only been a week. In the legal scheme of things that is nothing. The procedures that need to be followed can take months. It doesn't mean we aren't doing anything.

Every reported site is investigated. Some actually have licenses, others have expired licenses and are urged to renew. Still others require further action.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Alfarin
                              The entire process takes anywhere from few days (user stops using the software or purchase a license) up to months (ISP disregard C&D)
                              Give it time; if they are truely using a pirated version, they will get in trouble sooner or later
                              Best Regards,
                              Andy Huang

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X