Hidden part of message to appear once replied to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden part of message to appear once replied to

A main feature of a forum that I require concerns a hidden field within a message. For example a user posts a link to an image on a website and this link is hidden until people reply and say thanks to the message. Now I've seen this in at least one other forum product, but does vBulletin support it?

Dean.

goto vBulletin.org and look for "lockdown"
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I see that its a 'hack'. Would prefer a board that supported it natively.
      Also I see its associated with warez. My requirement was specifically to get people to respond to some funny images people currently post on our current forum (not VB) to get forum activity up. Shame

I can't actually see anywhere at that site to get the actual hack from, just forum posts about it etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DeanoUk
        I see that its a 'hack'. Would prefer a board that supported it natively.
        Also I see its associated with warez. My requirement was specifically to get people to respond to some funny images people currently post on our current forum (not VB) to get forum activity up. Shame

I can't actually see anywhere at that site to get the actual hack from, just forum posts about it etc.
        As far as i know there isnt a single forum system around that has this as a default feature.

In the threads on vb.org about this is a reply from somebody who has it as a payed hack, which shouldnt cost so much.
        Originally Posted by Zachery
        John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
        We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X