Remote Registration and Login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Registration and Login

We operate a very large site, most of which is on CF and MSSQL. Our forums are currently based on ASPPlayground.

We are considering moving to Vb. My questions are as follows:

1. We currently register folks on the CF side and then do a database insert in the forum db so the forum "knows" the user is registered. We set a cookie that the forum can find so that once a user logs into the main site, he can view the forums as a logged-in member. Can we set up Vb fairly easily to handle this?

2. We run on 3 servers in a load balanced environment. Can Vb handle this? Count members, guests accurately?

3. Does anyone have experience moving data from aspplayground.net to Vb?

Michael
    Marc
    -------

Originally posted by mvigod
    We operate a very large site, most of which is on CF and MSSQL. Our forums are currently based on ASPPlayground.

We are considering moving to Vb. My questions are as follows:

1. We currently register folks on the CF side and then do a database insert in the forum db so the forum "knows" the user is registered. We set a cookie that the forum can find so that once a user logs into the main site, he can view the forums as a logged-in member. Can we set up Vb fairly easily to handle this?

2. We run on 3 servers in a load balanced environment. Can Vb handle this? Count members, guests accurately?

3. Does anyone have experience moving data from aspplayground.net to Vb?

Michael
    1.- Will let one of the dev's answer this one
    2.- ditto
    3.- You might want to send a private message to Jerry, who is in charge of the import scripts. he is always on the lookout for db's to convert from other forum systems to vbulletin -> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member.php?u=24628
    Originally Posted by Zachery
    John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
    We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

How is your load balancing done ? Layer 3 switches, session based, application layer, shared database session with front-end receivers ?

Answer 3.

Not yet, though I've done about 30 importers so far.

I would need a copy of the database to be able to give a informed answer, though its 99.9% of the time a yes.
      Last edited by Jerry; Thu 30 Sep '04, 4:42am.
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X