No announcement yet.

merging two boards+ porting the boards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merging two boards+ porting the boards.

hey, here's my main problem: I want to switch my board to a vbulletin (I currently have two Invision boards, version 2.0PF3) and since they became payed-only, I said to myself if I have to pay I'll pay for quality, so decided to switch

but since I'm not that rich, I want to merge the two boards and switch them into one vbulletin...can I do that? (there is some similar accounts two, but no forum alike)

thank you =)

Yes, you can with impex, abit more work is required to import two differnt forums, but it is not a hard process

Comment

firstly run the upgrade to IPB 2 final then run the importer for one board to vB. Then run the importer for the second board to vB.

Hey presto!

All done
      Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

okay, thank you! I'll buy my license by the end of the week and try that

Comment

Thank you for your interest in the vBulletin forum and impex software, we are looking forward to your purchase.

You can import multiple forums into vBulletin 3. Just one at a time of course, but when one is done, you can click on 'clear session' and then import another forum, click on clear session and import another forum.

Comment

thanks for your answer Floris

one question though: If there are similar accounts in the two boards, will I be able to merge the two accounts?

Comment

You can either assiocate, auto merge (i think it was added to the other importers, it at least works right now with the vb > vb importer by email address). or you can merge users by hand

Comment

well this is really good, all that stays is to import the skin (make a new with the one I had done) is the skinning engine any similar?

Comment

I think vB's skinning system is A LOT better than IPB 1.3's skinning system; and I think IPB saw vB3's skinning system and coded something similar for 2.0... so although there is no skin importing (I may be wrong here!!), if you skinned it yourself, it'd be VERY easy to skin it again.
                  Best Regards,
                  Andy Huang

Comment

Originally posted by Ghil Aelendir
                    well this is really good, all that stays is to import the skin (make a new with the one I had done) is the skinning engine any similar?
                    vBulletin's style manager is too advanced, complete and dynamic/flexible to be compliant with IPB's skins. You have to re-do them I am afraid.

Comment

lol Floris

i had in mind it was better, just wanted to know if it was anything alike (CSS, classes, the way the "template" system works).

and I know the IPB one is probably copied from the vbulletin one

Comment

vB's got Templates; which is close to IPB's Skin Template HTML. vB's got Main CSS; which is like IPB's Skin Colours (CSS Easy Mode). So, in short, yah, its similar, but vB's got some more small stuff
                        Best Regards,
                        Andy Huang

Comment

okay thanks, I'll check that out this week-end

Comment

Have you tried the Admin Demo yet?

http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php you can try out everything.

Comment

I didn't, but I'm gonna do it right now, thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X